Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

I absolutely cannot get comfortable playing a Warlock. It looks cool as hell, but is just too cumbersome.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Yeah, that's a bit open ended unless we know which Warlock you're looking at. In terms of purely body shape, I find the Warlock more comfortable to play, but I'm not a V guy like Dave is. But quality wise, totally depends which Warlock you're eyeing up. Some are worse than an RR3, some are better.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I own three Warlocks and a V based on the RR.

Just to emphasize what others said.

BC Rich quality varies wildly from low end to custom shop. Low end is just that unfortunately. But once you get into some of the recent MIK's around 700-1000 price point they are quite good IMO. You either need to play this guitar or clearly know what you are buying.

I have no issue with comfort sitting or standing.

I can't vouch for an RR3's quality I'm just looking at Jackson's myself for the first time. Though I would say some find "V" shapes a pain in the ass while sitting. Not a huge problem in my book or just stand while you play.

A few more specifics on the guitars and I'm sure you'll get even better breakdowns. Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure of the model. I know its made in Korea. Fixed bridge and horns. It was purchased around 2003.

And the RR3 has the Floyd rose bridge and that is made in USA. guy is selling them for 200 each although he wanted more for the Jackson.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

Mockingbird > Bich > Warlock

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts

Mockingbird > Bich > Warlock
:agreed: Mockingbirds are my favorite BC Rich shape. Hell, the green acrylic Mockingbird is on my bucket list to own one day.

Though, I'd still take an RR over any BC Rich personally.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts

RRs aren't bolt-ons.
in most cases i would agree Rhoads /thread… RR3 was a bolt on

I'm not sure of the model. I know its made in Korea. Fixed bridge and horns. It was purchased around 2003.

And the RR3 has the Floyd rose bridge and that is made in USA. guy is selling them for 200 each although he wanted more for the Jackson.
RR3 has a licensed jackson FR not OFR if thats what you're thinking…. sounds like one of the cheaper warlocks… i would say grab the jackson

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went for the Jackson! Loved the sound of those duncans. And being only 120 lb. The Jacksons weight is a welcome relief for my back. Going to start looking for a good deal on a higher end warlock because I really did love the 'metal' look of it. Thanks for your opinions guys.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd go with the rr3. Don't get me wrong, I really like the bc rich shape, but the specs aren't that awesome. I much prefer the rr3 shape while playing over the warlock. Also, the higher up models don't have that the cool widow headstock.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

wheremybeans said:
Went for the Jackson! Loved the sound of those duncans. And being only 120 lb. The Jacksons weight is a welcome relief for my back. Going to start looking for a good deal on a higher end warlock because I really did love the 'metal' look of it. Thanks for your opinions guys.
:worth:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.