Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold: Sorry For the late update guys

Up for sale is my SLSMG. I seem to have a knack for writing excessively long, thorough listings so I'll show the pictures before I go super in depth :eek:. Price is $350 shipped and fully insured.

If theres any I forgot heres the photobucket link 06 Red SLSMG pictures by Goldleader - Photobucket

This guitar has been modified quite extensively. Here's a list of everything I did

-Schaller Tuners: Direct drop in replacements for the stock Jacksons. Here's the link at Warmoth Schaller Mini Locking Tuner, Left, Black

-Schaller Straplocks: Buy Schaller Guitar Strap Locks and Buttons (Pair) | Strap Locks | Musician's Friend

-Electronics re haul: CTS 500k precision tolerance (tighter tolerance than the standard stuff) pot (here: Guitarelectronics.com: CTS 500K Audio Taper Precision Tolerance Guitar Super Pot), Switchcraft output jack (here:Guitarelectronics.com: Switchcraft 1/4" Stereo Long Reach Jack - Chrome), and a 3 way Schaller megaswitch (here: Schaller Megaswitch 'E' Model - Schaller Megaswitches by GPDUSA.COM), all wired up with some high quality solder and 22 gauge wire (here: Guitarelectronics.com: Solid Core 22 Gauge Guitar Circuit Wire - BLACK)

-Wilkinson PAF style pickups: Wilkinson Guitar Parts Not my first choice for this guitar, but it was pickup less when I wanted to sell it and I had these laying around. They are more thrown in in the interest of selling a complete guitar than anything else :lol: Here's a link . If you're interested in playing metal, these might be a good candidate for rewinds.

-UFO knob here (listed as "Black Finish Metal Bell Knob" http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitarknobs_bellmetal.htm): I'll include the original Jackson knobs as well.

-Widen the pot holes from the import size of 5/16s to the US size of 3/8. I did this with a hand reamer and was very precise, the fit is snug. I also replaced the stock volume/tone setup with a single volume in the old tones position The other hole was plugged with a little part I found at the hardware store. The part (little black cover thing as you can see in the pictures) isn't glued in or anything, its easy to pop in and out from the inside, but it is impossible to get out from the outside. You can easily pop it out and revert it back to the original configuration.

-The nut, bridge, pickup surrounds, screws, truss rod cover, and cavity cover are all stock.

Condition: Conditionally it is very good. A few dings here and there, but nothing major. The most significant being by the bottom straplock. There is also a small one on the back of the neck behind the fourth fret. Frets are still in excellent condition. Bridge has some corrosion as well.

One interesting thing to note about this SLSMG is that the neck is a lot thinner than the ones on some of the more modern current iterations. I've owned quite a few SLSMGs, and all but this one have had the thicker neck. I took some photos offering a comparison to my 89 Ontario Soloist (The SLSMG is about the same thickness) and my 90 Jackson AT Pro (which is thicker and rounder). The neck on this one is very comfortable. (The one with out the locking nut is the SLSMG neck, the blue ED is the 89 and the Red neck is the AT)

I'm also including a swanky Jackson hardcase that I bought new in May 2010 (this model: Buy Jackson Case for Soloist or Dinky Electric Guitar | Cases for Solid Body Guitars | Musician's Friend), still in excellent condition. Also, I am willing to put the tone knob back in if the buyer so desires. In fact, if you have a proposition (sending new pickups to be installed or something :metal:) for me that includes me using my awesome Hakko soldering iron I am certainly game!

Other than that it needs a good setup, and someone to love and cherish it. :metal:

Pricing wise the SLSMGs have always been undervalued on the used market, though the pre-active ones (pre 06, which I consider to be superior due to the thinner necks and lack of battery compartment) in particular have taken a pretty steep nosedive in the past few months. Considering the pretty much new case in the equation, its priced very fairly. I could probably eke out a few more dollars on ebay, but I'm more concerned with it going to someone who isn't a dick. I believe that on average the members here are less dickish than any other online forum I am a member of, so I'll leave it up here for quite a while before I go through the hassle of listing it on other sites. Also, as disingenuous as this sounds in a for sale thread :rofl:, I :wub: you guys!

In terms of references I have numerous references selling guitars on HC,Sevenstring,Talkbass,and Metalguitarist, you can check my itrader feedback on the last three here:

Sevenstring iTrader: Sevenstring.org - iTrader - Rogueleader

Metalguitarist iTrader: Metalguitarist.org - iTrader - Rogueleader

Talkbass iTrader: TalkBass Forums - Feedback - Rogueleader

I also have 100% feedback under the name supernaut88 on ebay.

Ebay Feedback: eBay Feedback Profile for supernaut88

If you have any questions or would like some specific pictures taken PM me here or email me at [email protected]

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Fuck! Want! Mine is a thin neck one too.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Fuck! Want! Mine is a thin neck one too.
If you search SLSMG I'm pretty sure every single thread has you or me referencing the neck thing :lol:

Interesting story on that actually, we had always conjectured in those threads that the thin necked ones were the preactive ones.

I bought two other pre active SLSMGs, one even with a serial before this one, and they both had a thicker rounder carve. I'm guessing it was just a specific shaper that did these thinner ones :metal:

Sadly, I'm selling off all the slsmgs (switching to 24.75 non tom jacksons). This is the last to go cause it's my favorite. But it deserves to be owned by someone who can use it as much as I did.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If anyone buys today, I can ship out tomorrow! (already shipping out another guitar tomorrow)

International guys, I'd prefer to keep this in the Cont US but it can't hurt to post or pm me your address and I'll try and get you a quote for shipping by the end of the day.

Shipping is included in the $350 for Cont US guys though.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a hell of a price! If it was black I'd be all over it.
I bet I could totally bump the price up since people who check on ebay would be seeing this Jackson SLSMG Super Lightweight Guitar Body BD-1119 - eBay (item 280572398686 end time Oct-14-10 14:16:24 PDT) :lol:

But yeah, these are way undervalued. I figured I drop it a little more since all you guys are cool guys :metal:. And jacksonplayer really hooked me up on the AT deal, so I'm passing along the karma.

Not as grim as black, but it is INFERNO red. Pretty damn metal :rofl:

Perhaps I could change your mind by throwing in the crazy german piano manual :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Just to let everyone know. Those Wilkinson pickups are the Pro versions made by Gotoh, not the crappy Korean ones with the logo on the front that you mostly see. I thought these pickups were pretty decent when I had them, actually. I'm sure they won't compete with boutique ones, but if you like medium-output pickups, they're just as good as a Dimarzio PAF Pro or one of the more 'vintage' Duncans.

Note, I got them as a thrown-in on another guitar I bought, so I was surprised by how good they are.

This is a killer deal on this guitar with the upgrades. If I still played 25.5" TOM guitars regularly, I'd be all over it.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to let everyone know. Those Wilkinson pickups are the Pro versions made by Gotoh, not the crappy Korean ones with the logo on the front that you mostly see. I thought these pickups were pretty decent when I had them, actually. I'm sure they won't compete with boutique ones, but if you like medium-output pickups, they're just as good as a Dimarzio PAF Pro or one of the more 'vintage' Duncans.

Note, I got them as a thrown-in on another guitar I bought, so I was surprised by how good they are.

This is a killer deal on this guitar with the upgrades. If I still played 25.5" TOM guitars regularly, I'd be all over it.
Thanks for cleaing that up, yeah I never actually tried them when they were in the AT. The Aldriches were here before the guitar came, so these got plugged in once...into a tuner.

I'll just continue the cycle of throwing the into guitas I'm selling :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly, I'd love it, I just am focusing on 7-strings right now. :( Super cool guitar, man, and excellent tasty upgrades. I doubt this will last long.
:lol: I thought it would be gone already too, but I'm not in a hurry to sell. I'll just let it sit for a while here, and let it slowly eat away at your resolves :rofl:

What was Josh's lame excuse for not buying it?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.