Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was watching a youtube video of a guitar James had made that consists of wood from the garage where they originally practiced in. The now the pickups are covered so I was assuming they were his standard "Het Set". He turned the guitar around and shown that the back cover was magnetic and you can even see 2 batteries. So Is he running the 18v mod on his sig set?

source video:

·
Read Only
3 Posts
You can use two batteries to either get 18v, or to get double the length of time before you have to change them at 9v. :shrug:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Looks like one of the 9vs is wired to a mini toggle. Perhaps he can flick between 9 and 18v.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
What is the mini toggle for on the front? I wonder if he has LED side markers installed and that is what the extra battery is for. It seems like they are installed on a lot of KL explorers.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Looks like one of the 9vs is wired to a mini toggle. Perhaps he can flick between 9 and 18v.
What is the mini toggle for on the front? I wonder if he has LED side markers installed and that is what the extra battery is for. It seems like they are installed on a lot of KL explorers.
Probably ^ ^ ^, or it's a total battery killswitch, so that he can leave his wireless cable plugged in (I see it dangling in the video).

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I watched it again, that cable is coming from the wireless pack, which looks like it's a part of the strap. So, I'm wrong :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts