Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Highway to Hell
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this posted on the Milianica FB page. He was playing a White ESP version during their Antartica gig in early December. Me likey.

Considering my LTD Deluxe is approaching 10yrs old (Only 3 for me) maybe it's time to get a new one :)

·
The Highway to Hell
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And while I realize most people hate or dislike Metallica, I am still a fan and always will be. Just showing some love :)

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
That looks awesome is that a killswitch or maybe a coil split switch that I see there?

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
Which one? The one at the top like the Gibson LP's is a non-functioning switch or "dummy" switch. The bottom one is for the pickups
That makes sense, I thought the one in the LP position switched pickups and the one by the controls was a possible kill switch or coil split.

·
The Highway to Hell
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found a chinese knockoff of his old Gibson LP Iron Cross on Google for $349 shipped from "mainland China"

I'm a fan. People who dislike metallica can fuck off :fawk:

the guitar looks alright I guess, a little over the top but I dig it.
Also it looks like it says "LID" on the headstock!
That's LTD. :lol: The picture is super small. I assume because it hasn't been "officially announced" yet.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Well, it's easily the best looking sig he's had in fucking years, let's leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Meh. Love LP's, but I'd take the old Hetsplorer any day of the week.

·
The Highway to Hell
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you gonna go for it? :lol:
I would rather take a massive shit onto a pile of my own $350 in $1 bills than waste my hard earned money on fake chinese crap.

Plus that LTD will most likely retail for $1000 so give it a little while and it will be down to $6-$700 on MF, GC and eGay.

Well, it's easily the best looking sig he's had in fucking years, let's leave it at that.
I owned his LTD Snakebyte for 1 day, then returned it. Wasn't all I thought it was going to be LOL

But damn those EMG's are awesome. My JB'59 and Jazz in my Deluxe 1000 get me by.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Meh. Love LP's, but I'd take the old Hetsplorer any day of the week.
:agreed: I started playing guitar partly because I thought Hetfield was the baddest motherfucker on the planet with that white explorer . Grabbing one of those is definitely on my list of "shit to buy someday when I'm filthy rich/having a mid life crisis" :rofl:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts