Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice avatar. :lol: :metal::
Oh dude, I commented on Groff's profile about it LOL. I saw that you and him had Zed and Ivan Ooze, so upon looking up Rita Repulsa photos I literally spit soda from every facial orifice. I found it to be the most hysterical thing of 2010 thusfar :rofl::rofl:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Oh dude, I commented on Groff's profile about it LOL. I saw that you and him had Zed and Ivan Ooze, so upon looking up Rita Repulsa photos I literally spit soda from every facial orifice. I found it to be the most hysterical thing of 2010 thusfar :rofl::rofl:
Also, while I know she's not quite your taste... Young Rita...

Wait and hear, I guess. If he's doing something like Aeyron's The Human Equation, it could be an interesting touch.
Yeah, if the whole album sounds like the track on that page then it'll kick fuckloads of ass.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Oh sweet! The first album kicked all sorts of ass.

Edit:

Peter Wildoer from Swedish thrashers DARKANE on drums and screaming vocals

:(
I dunno how well that would work with LaBrie, but he has a really good voice for it on Darkane's stuff, and on the Non Human Level album.

But not to matter, as the drums will no doubt be fucking amazing with him behind the kit!

EDIT: Just started listening and already this is awesome, both drum wise and screaming vocals.
Gotta get this album!

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
JP&MP can't write their way out of a paper bag these days.
The other reason is that it helps to have the singer involved in writing his vocal melodies. Dream Theater is a good counter-example, because so many of the songs have vocal melodies that are either afterthoughts or seemed forced. Look how often over the years LaBrie has had to go to the very top of his range in DT. While it might be a useful vocal exercise, it too often results in unpleasing sounds when he is shrieking at the top of his voice. He sounds a lot better in the middle of his range. A singer is going to focus on material that feels natural for him.

Rush proved that it's possible to have a non-vocalist write the lyrics, but Peart doesn't also try to write the vocal melodies, and I'm pretty sure he confers with Geddy as to the lyrics' "singability."

·
18,790 Posts
Rush proved that it's possible to have a non-vocalist write the lyrics, but Peart doesn't also try to write the vocal melodies, and I'm pretty sure he confers with Geddy as to the lyrics' "singability."
I remember in "Beyond The Lighted Stage" them showing some of Peart's handwritten lyrics with the actual song playing and Geddy absolutely alters the wording slightly to make it fit where needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts