1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Two words: truck nutz.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I don't know man. The bed looks pretty small. I don't know if you could fit both your need to compensate for something AND 500 pounds of freshly cut lumber in there. You'd probably have to take two trips...

Just kidding with you man. Cool truck. GMG is my favorite finish ever.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
WTB full-length bed.

:lol:

Congrats, dude! Not the sort of thing I'd drive, but I'm interested to see what you're gonna do with it!

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's actually the only size bed that comes on the Crewmax, so I'm kinda stuck. I think Toyota is addressing this, though, as there have been quite a few complaints.

I actually didn't burn up quite as much gas as I thought. 13.9 mpg so far!

In the works:

Tint tomorrow. Running boards were supposed to be installed by dealer already when I went to get it last night. LRO 3/1 level kit with lift. Black headlight mod with HID's. Pioneer AVH-4400 head unit with Infinity 6x9s. 20x9 XD Cranks (possibly) with 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers.

I've got a buddy that owns a customs shop here, so I'm sure a few more things will follow.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not getting any better than about 13.6 now, and it's definitely not going to get any better with the lift and the new tires!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Aren't Toyota trucks known for poor mileage...?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know if you could fit both your need to compensate for something AND 500 pounds of freshly cut lumber in there. You'd probably have to take two trips...
Hey Greg, it may not be 500 lbs, and it may not be freshly cut, but hot damn now Ali and Kyle and I can have a bonfire.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Windows tinted and side bars added a while back.

Did the BHLM (black headlight mod) with Oracle Halos.

Paint that satin black.

Tint out side reflector.

Black out the Halos.

Now put them together.

Here's a before shot:

And after:

Couldn't get a very good night shot.

Haven't wired the Halos yet, because I'm doing HID's next, but should look similar to this when done.

Sorry for the shitty iPhone pics (not shitty pics, shitty phone!)

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Love the smoked headlight surrounds... very nice. Halos always look odd to me on anything but a BMW.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
So they really get that bad of mpg! Nice looking truck at any rate!

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
Nice looking truck! Not too familiar with Toyotas but is that a half-ton? Someday I'll retire my GMC extended cab & get a crew cab - so what I'm always looking at are the size of the rear doors/windows. I assume it has great rear seat room/leg room?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts