Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught Jeff Beck last night. Holy shit was that a fantastic show. Such a monster player live. Probably the best rock guitar show I have been too. I think he said about 10 words all night. The rest of 2+ hours was face melting guitar work.

Jeff is the master of guitar dynamics and the band was right there with him. It would get really quiet where he was just barely touching the guitar while he was playing. It was so quiet you could hear the buzz from his small tag marshall's on stage. Then they would build it up into a Hendrix like massive frenzy and back around. He had the crowd in the palm of his hands all night.

The opening act Tyler Brant was awesome as well. 20 year old Texas kid singing with an acoustic, a distortion pedal and a wah. It was awesome to see him wailing away on an acoustic and wah pedal and it actually sounded really good. He came out at the end and jammed with Beck on a Strat and they were right there with each other.

If you get a chance to see him, take it. He will not disappoint. Even my wife who could give two shits who Beck is had a great time.

:winning: :winning: :winning: :winning: :winning:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Jeff > *

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I forgot all about this. He was at the State Theater, right? I was reading about it in the Pioneer Press this morning. Didn't even realize he was in the area.

Glad you had a great time. It must have sounded amazing. The State Theater is pretty nice for smaller concerts.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Jeff Beck's easily the best live guitarist I've ever seen. Every guitar player should see him at least once.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Was he playing with Tal Wilkenfeld?

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Was he playing with Tal Wilkenfeld?
Jeff's current bassist is Rhonda Smith, who used to play for Prince. Tal left Beck's band a couple years ago to work on her own music again.

I've seen Beck live a number of times over the years, and it's always an eye-opener. He makes the guitar an extension of his personality, rather than just a musical instrument.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.