Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
Dirk is such a badass player, one of my favorite metal drummers. Hopefully this album slays as much as one would expect, given the line up.

·
Resistance is Futile
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dirk is such a badass player, one of my favorite metal drummers. Hopefully this album slays as much as one would expect, given the line up.
Yeah, dude, Dirk is one of my favorite drummers as well. I think this record will be better than Zero Order Phase, I liked ZOP, but it got boring very fast.

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
Yeah, dude, Dirk is one of my favorite drummers as well. I think this record will be better than Zero Order Phase, I liked ZOP, but it got boring very fast.
I agree entirely. I used to be into shred but these days I don't listen to it as much. ZOP had some good moments, but it didn't keep my attention the whole way through. That said, Jeff is a beast :metal:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Jeff needs to start a new band. I know this is probably going to be a better record than his last one (what with not having to worry about keeping ideas for Nevermore and all), but I REALLY want to see him do something in a band with another guitarist and a badass vocalist. And maybe a bassist who isnt Root Note All The Time.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The bassist for his new project is pretty cool.

·
Resistance is Futile
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff needs to start a new band. I know this is probably going to be a better record than his last one (what with not having to worry about keeping ideas for Nevermore and all), but I REALLY want to see him do something in a band with another guitarist and a badass vocalist. And maybe a bassist who isnt Root Note All The Time.
:agreed:

·

745 Posts
New info from Blabbermouth:
New photos from the recording sessions for the forthcoming solo album from former NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis at Fastback Studios in Seattle, Washington can be seen at this location. A few of the pictures are available below.

Loomis entered the studio on August 23 to begin recording the follow-up to 2008's "Zero Order Phase", which will feature three or four tracks with vocals. Christine Rhoades, who previously collaborated with NEVERMORE on the "Dreaming Neon Black" CD, will sing on selected tracks and Shane Lentz will handle the bass. Aaron Smith (7 HORNS 7 EYES) is producing the effort.

"[Smith] has been a friend for a while now and has helped me out with various recording projects over the years," said Loomis. "We've been working on demos and pre-production for the past few weeks and are very happy with the way things are turning out."

He added, "Doing drums, as most of you know, is Dirk Verbeuren [of SOILWORK]. I don't think there's really anything else I can add to that. His name just sort of speaks for itself.

"Up until about [a few] weeks ago, I was planning on doing the bass parts myself but then saw this amazing bass player on YouTube and said to myself, 'I need to have him on the record.' I got in touch and was thrilled to find out he was into it. I'm really looking forward to hearing what he's going to be bringing to these songs."

Shortly after wrapping up in the studio, Jeff will embark on a three-week tour of special Schecter guitar clinics in China, scheduled for October.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
sounds like this album could be better than the last one with that lineup.

verburen is indeed a beast. I also hear Jeff is going to guest on the next 7horns7eyes cd as a result of Aaron Smith working on this with him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts