Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was super stoked to hear Jeff Loomis had a signature model coming out! I was even more excited to think it was a Kelly... then I saw it, official, yes a Kelly!! Gorgeous beast... then I saw the price tag.... 7k ?????

·
Registered
39 Posts
Picking up his slack:

It's fuckin' sexy. Goddamn, he really knocked it out of the park with this one. If they made a cheaper production model I'd probably buy it.

EDIT: Dammit Assault Bacon :rofl:
They DO/did, though????

It's called.... drumroll... a JACKSON KELLY.

Don't know why or who the hell Kelly was, but the MIJ Kellys (Jackson KE3) made cheap solid modding platforms to do whatever with iirc

Swap pickups, strip the biatch if she's got the weird psychoswirlies or you reaaally want that finish, spray it matte or hit it with steel wool boiled vinegar with a bit of peroxide (add brewed black tea to solution just before applying if it doesn't take on account of low wood tannins) if you're feeling adventurous and creative...

And voila

Shouldn't cost more than $500, including new pickups.... $300-350 if you're thrifty and hunt down deals

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
They DO/did, though????

It's called.... drumroll... a JACKSON KELLY.

Don't know why or who the hell Kelly was, but the MIJ Kellys (Jackson KE3) made cheap solid modding platforms to do whatever with iirc

Swap pickups, strip the biatch if she's got the weird psychoswirlies or you reaaally want that finish, spray it matte or hit it with steel wool boiled vinegar with a bit of peroxide (add brewed black tea to solution just before applying if it doesn't take on account of low wood tannins) if you're feeling adventurous and creative...

And voila

Shouldn't cost more than $500, including new pickups.... $300-350 if you're thrifty and hunt down deals
Yeeeeahh, I'm not doing any of that. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
That's my main problem with all these Jackson sig models. At that price I'd just order my own custom model and it wouldn't have the artist tax on top either.
:agreed:

$5k is about what an '80s custom Jackson cost in inflation-adjusted dollars, but the key word there is "custom". You were getting your guitar, not Loomis' guitar.

I've never gotten along with Kellys from an ergonomic standpoint, but this is a nice-looking sig model. Very classy and nothing goofy about it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.