Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Daredevil was, this is an excellent series. Nearly perfectly cast, Krysten Ritter is awesome, and David Tennant is so friggin' amazing, it's hard to believe he's also my favorite incarnation of The Doctor. He's just really, really fucking creepy.
Jessica Jones is, unlike Hancock, the perfect alcoholic super hero. She's a believable alcoholic, someone not recovered from something truly horrific.
Carrie-Anne Moss is great, as the cold callous lawyer having an (lesbian) affair with her assistant.
Definitely recommend paying for Netflix for this. And for gods sake, watch Daredevil too if you haven't already.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I finished watching this last night. It's a great show and Kilgrave is a great villain (and I love how they make fun of his name all the time -- and also how they poke fun at Jessica Jones's superhero outfit (that tight white and blue outfit) and name (Jewel) in the comics by having Jessica say it sounds like a stripper name -- and one of the really slutty ones).

I'm not sure whether I like this better or Daredevil better. They're both really good shows, pretty much at the same level of quality. :yesway:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finished watching this last night. It's a great show and Kilgrave is a great villain (and I love how they make fun of his name all the time -- and also how they poke fun at Jessica Jones's superhero outfit (that tight white and blue outfit) and name (Jewel) in the comics by having Jessica say it sounds like a stripper name -- and one of the really slutty ones).

I'm not sure whether I like this better or Daredevil better. They're both really good shows, pretty much at the same level of quality. :yesway:
I'm really looking forward to season 2 of DD, with Elektra and The Punisher.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The last few punisher movies were mediocre. But an amazing show could be made.

Only watched episode one of Jessica Jones. ......pretty good so far.

Daredevil is quite good too.

4,429 Posts
I thought it was a perfect example of weak translation to film of side characters bringing down a Marvel movie, much like the original daredevil movie. What made the daredevil series so awesome is instead of having a comic Kingpin as a bad guy you had a fully developed main character to vastly dislike, but also on some levels empathize with.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Great show,
the only negative thing I can think of is how the Simpson story line turns out; it just feels a bit off and sudden.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts