Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for these to become available.
I'm really interested in checking one of these out.
My 5150 II and Mark IV both sound tons better with some decent volume going them.
Anyone else thinking about these?

·
Registered
109 Posts
My main concern is their speaker choice. If they offered different option I would go for it. But the speaker in it looks difficult to replace based on how they wire it up :(

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Why do you figure it is difficult to replace?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just the way they have the cab built and where the jack is located. Due to the high SPL's I would also assume that the speaker wire is soldiered on making quick speaker swaps a difficult thing.

This is a GREAT idea for the home recordist who has found his tone and isnt planning on swapping any gear or doing re-amps through different amp / speaker combinations. I guess its really not marketed at the pro level though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For me its tough cause I use a combo of V30s and GT75's when I record. So I would either have to have 2, or just deal with one or the other :(

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
For me its tough cause I use a combo of V30s and GT75's when I record. So I would either have to have 2, or just deal with one or the other :(
Load it with a V30, record, reload a GT75, reamp :wub:

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's such a PITA ....lol

I will probably still buy one though, just cause I love wasting my money on shit I never use (ie: Half the guitars I own..lol)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
It looks like it's a top loader, so actually, it might be fairly easy. If the speaker is soldered in, you can probably find some clips to solder to the wires, to make it a clean swap.

After looking at the pics for a while, I'd actually be concerned about the mic slipping out of the clip and dropping onto your cone :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ya thats true too, thank god the clip doesn't come off my 57 the way I have it set up :)

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
After looking at the pics for a while, I'd actually be concerned about the mic slipping out of the clip and dropping onto your cone :lol:
My Grendel has a grill over the speaker to prevent that from happening. I wonder why they didn't include one on the Jetstream?

If anyone gets one of these, I'll be curious to read their review. One hint: place the mic closer to the center of the cone than you would on a regular cabinet, in order to eliminate some of the boxiness. That's why I use an Audix i5 rather than an SM57. The Audix smooths out some of the shrill that you get from having the mic in that position.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts