Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Your avatar is freaking me out whilst watching this... :lol:
Especially considering Doug's sexual persuasion...

:indeed:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
This is a good one, too:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Being a massive Dime fan, this blew my fucking mind. I had no idea they did anything together

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
^ That was from a party at Dime's house. At one point, Dime grabbed Doug, dragged him into his studio, and they threw down that.

http://www.davesontour.com/interviews/pinnick.html

Dave: At my personal website, I have a six-question interview section called "5 and Dime," that I use as a forum to introduce new bands. I close that interview with a sixth question that I hope will keep the memory alive of a bad-ass guitarist from Texas named Dime. Since you guys were friends, please share a personal story about the late, great guitarist Dimebag Darrell.

dUg: Dimebag was one of the nicest, kindest, and most giving people that I ever knew. When you hung out with him, everybody was his equal. He never acted better than anybody else. One Christmas, I went to his party and he always had a house full of presents for his friends. Dime knew that I was a health freak and that I make my own juices out of vegetables. He had thirty pounds of carrots as my present, but he was unsure when I would get there, He bought them a week earlier. When I left Dallas I put them in the trunk of my car. By the time I got back to Houston, half of them were molded. It was funny but bless his heart, he meant well. He was like that, always concerned about you and how you felt about things. He got me drunker than anybody ever did. Once, with a drum machine and Darrell playing both bass and guitar with me singing, we recorded Cream's "Born Under a Bad Sign." I have it on cassette, and I hope to release it someday. He was a King's X fan. I'd love it when he'd come to a show, stand down in front, and yell out for "Summerland." Vinnie and Dime came to one of our shows in a limo. I hung out with them in the limo afterwards, and Dime pulled out a tape of "Out of the Silent Planet." After five songs, he explained what every line of those songs meant to him. It was awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts