Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
FFS. I understand he's a vintage guy, but I kind of expected an old Mark I or Mark IV combo to be floating around there somewhere.

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
I have to wonder how he could afford that. I know he's a phenomenal player but has he had that much commercial success?

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
His tours do very well, and I believe it's a very tightly run business. He self-releases his albums, for one thing.
:agreed:
His live shows definitely cater to the "rich guitar nerd doctor/lawyer" crowd. When he played here in OKC at the civic center (where the orchestra, musicals, nice shows play) the tickets were $60-$100

·
Registered
708 Posts
:agreed:
His live shows definitely cater to the "rich guitar nerd doctor/lawyer" crowd. When he played here in OKC at the civic center (where the orchestra, musicals, nice shows play) the tickets were $60-$100
I paid 120 from memory to see him in Sydney at the state theater. In comparison I paid 135 both times to see dream theater. Some shows here are pricey, others are not. I didn't mind paying that much, he puts on a phenomenonal show

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Wirelessly posted

jacksonplayer said:
I have to wonder how he could afford that. I know he's a phenomenal player but has he had that much commercial success?
His tours do very well, and I believe it's a very tightly run business. He self-releases his albums, for one thing.
And he has released a lot of albums so far, too. Who knows, he could be some sort of investment mogul, too.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You really don't want to be the guy who trips over during the photoshoot and starts them falling over like dominos! :lol:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
What's the point? You can only play one at a time. And ALL of those guitars? Kind of a waste...
I love Joe and really dig his stuff, and think it's cool that he's a guitar gear nerd like most of the rest of us, but I've been thinking this more and more lately. Especially with my own collection. What's the point? I can only play one at a time and having a collection of 5 or 6 is bothering me. If only there was one guitar that really could do it all.

Saying that though, if I had the money I probably would go nuts with the buying and hoarding. So just ignore me, I'm a complete hypocrite.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I love Joe and really dig his stuff, and think it's cool that he's a guitar gear nerd like most of the rest of us, but I've been thinking this more and more lately. Especially with my own collection. What's the point? I can only play one at a time and having a collection of 5 or 6 is bothering me. If only there was one guitar that really could do it all.

Saying that though, if I had the money I probably would go nuts with the buying and hoarding. So just ignore me, I'm a complete hypocrite.
Hey, don't worry. It was a bit of a joke, and I'd be a pretty big hypocrite, too! Variety is the spice!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts