Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I don't think that's any different than the JS24 that they've been selling for a few years now.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
...and the Chopper is supposed to be the closest to the pickup Joe's actually using.

Is this a lower-cost Premium JS24? I'd rather a lower cost Premium JS1200 personally, but if that's the case, that's pretty cool.

EDIT - why so it is. Cool!

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...and the Chopper is supposed to be the closest to the pickup Joe's actually using.

Is this a lower-cost Premium JS24? I'd rather a lower cost Premium JS1200 personally, but if that's the case, that's pretty cool.

EDIT - why so it is. Cool!
:agreed: I do like this model.:yesway:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I love the JS guitars but his tastes are plain and repetitive imo.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Humbucker near the trem, but the fretboard needs a bridge. Ugh.
:lol: I'm just saying, I was watching is rig rundown last night, and he chose a single, without the extra wood, so he could get it as close to the actual fretboard as possible, for a more fluid, neck pickupy tone. :(

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I think you are trying to say that the extra length of the 24 fret fretboard moves the single about a half inch closer to the bridge, thusly changing the tone a bit from his 22 fret version, and you prefer 22 fret configuration.

Yes?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Yeah. It was also a sarcastic 'they're ruining everything' ugh. I don't actually care, cause I'd buy a real sig for $1k if I was after a JS, but hey.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
I love the JS guitars but his tastes are plain and repetitive imo.
He's had a few cool oddballs here and there like the Rainforest and the Donnie Hunt stuff like The Snake, as well as the Hot Rod Flame JS with the Silver Surfer painted on the back.

A Rainforest reissue would be sweet actually.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts