·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Chickenfoot was very meh.

This 1995 self-titled album, though, is probably my favorite!

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Heard the track this morning. The sound has a bit more menace and bite, which suits the spirit of the song. That distorted bass... :yum:

It's gonna be interesting to hear the rest of that self titled album remastered. The original's unique trait was that it was meant to sound like a "band in a room jamming" so I'm certainly curious. Same with Engines Of Creation, another one of Satch's more unique albums.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I think Joe needed to do Chickenfoot - his solo stuff was getting very riff-rock, and I think he needed an outlet for that. I've probably listened to his Chickenfoot stuff less than any of his solo albums with the exception of Super Colossal. I almost wrote him off after that one. :lol:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Morrocon Sunset is one of my favorite Satch tunes of all time. Wondering how a remaster could make it even better. :scratch:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Is it a remaster, or a remix/remaster? Rush's "Vapor Trails Remixed" is a completely different album altogether.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I liked the second Chickenfoot album quite a bit, but I think Joe could put together a more inspiring "real" band than that if he wanted to.

I agree with Drew--it's useful for him to have a band as an outlet to scratch that itch, so that his instrumental albums can focus more on the exotic. His last couple albums have been noticeably better since Chickenfoot started.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I liked the second Chickenfoot album quite a bit, but I think Joe could put together a more inspiring "real" band than that if he wanted to.

I agree with Drew--it's useful for him to have a band as an outlet to scratch that itch, so that his instrumental albums can focus more on the exotic. His last couple albums have been noticeably better since Chickenfoot started.
Good point.

I noticed his albums like Super Colossal (even though I enjoy a few songs off that album) and PS&TMOR was more like Chickenfoot. Though his new album I think he did quite a great job with and his show was insane! He was letting a lot out way more than usual. :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Good point.

I noticed his albums like Super Colossal (even though I enjoy a few songs off that album) and PS&TMOR was more like Chickenfoot. Though his new album I think he did quite a great job with and his show was insane! He was letting a lot out way more than usual. :yesway:
Super Colossal was so boring it hurt. It was, "Ok, Rage-Against-The-Machine inspired riff on the low E string beween the 2nd fret and open E for a bit, melody line that's basically a blues lick with one "out" note for color, key change and half time melody for the chorus, repeat the riff, solo, done." He was on autopilot.

The new album, however, slayed.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Super Colossal was so boring it hurt. It was, "Ok, Rage-Against-The-Machine inspired riff on the low E string beween the 2nd fret and open E for a bit, melody line that's basically a blues lick with one "out" note for color, key change and half time melody for the chorus, repeat the riff, solo, done." He was on autopilot.

The new album, however, slayed.
:agreed:

I wonder what he plans on doing for the next album?

I wonder if him and Vai are finally going to come together. People have been begging for that for years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts