Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe Satriani's "Strange Beautiful Music: A Musical Memoir" & Remastered Recordings

Satriani is releasing a book venturing through his musical career and he is releasing his collection of music Remastered.

I am looking very much forward to reading his book, I would love to hear how he developed over the years in his career. He always seems to have so much insight and not to mention he was the greatest guitar teacher in the world. I think it will be quite a good read!

I want to hear how Surfing will now sound remastered, such a magical album.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I LOVE Satch's stuff, if the price isn't too bad I'll definitely reed this.
You can pre-order it on Amazon for 16.73$
Strange Beautiful Music: A Musical Memoir: Joe Satriani, Jake Brown: 9781939529640: Amazon.com: Books

Though I believe through him a signed copy is 45$?

This signed copy of Joe Satriani's new book "Strange Beautiful Music" takes you behind the scenes with the musician The New York Times called "a guitar God!" Oft-hailed as the Jimi Hendrix of his generation, living guitar legend Joe Satriani has long-transcended stylistic boundaries and his 6-string secrets have astounded listeners around the world for nearly 30 years.
In Strange Beautiful Music: A Musical Memoir, Joe and co-author, music biographer Jake Brown, take fans on their first authorized tour of the story behind his climb to stardom and the writing and recording of a storied catalog of classics including "Surfing with the Alien," "Summer Song," "Satch Boogie," and more!

Featuring previously unpublished photos and hours of exclusive, first-hand interviews with Satriani, Strange Beautiful Music offers a unique look inside the studio, giving fans a chance to get up-close and personal like never before. With insider details about his collaboration with multi-platinum supergroup Chickenfoot, exclusive interviews with Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony of Van Halen and Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, commentary from fellow guitar legends such as Steve Vai and Metallica's Kirk Hammett, this memoir offers a rare inside look for die-hard Satriani fans, guitar enthusiasts, and anyone who loves to rock.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Surfing has been remastered twice to date. The most recent version, the expanded edition, is the one to get, since it has a nice DVD of a Satch concert performance from that tour.

In general, I don't really see how his catalog needs remastering, since all of it was originally released on CD.

The book does sound interesting.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'm a pretty big reader and have pre-ordered the book with Amazon. Should prove an interesting read.

I read Alex Skolnick's not so long ago and thought it was fantastic.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Surfing has been remastered twice to date. The most recent version, the expanded edition, is the one to get, since it has a nice DVD of a Satch concert performance from that tour.

In general, I don't really see how his catalog needs remastering, since all of it was originally released on CD.

The book does sound interesting.
I will have to look into that! :yesway:

Thanks for posting this. I'm a pretty big reader and have pre-ordered the book with Amazon. Should prove an interesting read.

I read Alex Skolnick's not so long ago and thought it was fantastic.
I want to read Alex's too! He is a fantastic blogger. So I expect nothing less with his book.

Yngwie also came out with a book recently and it's interesting. He talks about his heritage within the book besides music.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'd love to read this. :yesway:

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
There are one or two albums I'd like mastered to more modern levels, just so tracks can play better with others...

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
While I may not need to get the remasters as I already have every Satch album (including the 2 versions of Surfing), I'll definitely be reading the book. :yesway:

I will have to look into that! :yesway:

I want to read Alex's too! He is a fantastic blogger. So I expect nothing less with his book.
Do yourself a favour and grab the Surfing remaster asap. The DVD's got Satch's fiery performance during the Montreaux festival. Think the live tracks from Dreaming 11 and last 4 tracks on disc 2 of Time Machine.

And grab Alex's book as well. He doesn't hold back on that one at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts