Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Box Smasher)

I sold my AFX....sooooooo.....once I get a house, I will start rebuilding, with this.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Heheh… listening to him chugging, i can hear the strings behind the nut ringing. :twitch:

Seriously amazing sounding amp. That Crunch mode is so thick but detailed and articulate. I would love to have someone modify one so the different modes are foot switchable.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Heheh… listening to him chugging, i can hear the strings behind the nut ringing. :twitch:

Seriously amazing sounding amp. That Crunch mode is so thick but detailed and articulate. I would love to have someone modify one so the different modes are foot switchable.
I think you want the Mark V non-:25 version :)

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I'd just rather have the clean and crunch modes, and then kick in a boost or something for leads. That crunch is just glorious.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'd just rather have the clean and crunch modes, and then kick in a boost or something for leads. That crunch is just glorious.
Totally agree.

Ideally the second channel would have some sort of reasonable clean. I'm hoping to find that out soon...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

darren said:
Someone needs to double that crunch with the Mini Recto ch2/vintage. That has to be the best rock sound ever.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Someone needs to double that crunch with the Mini Recto ch2/vintage. That has to be the best rock sound ever.
I dunno, I think "Pushed" is the best mode on that amp. I'd be happy with two channels of that :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Totally agree.

Ideally the second channel would have some sort of reasonable clean. I'm hoping to find that out soon...
Or maybe the sound and feel of the Crunch mode can be replicated with one of the Ch. 2 modes.

4,429 Posts
That's how I run my mark V. I really never step over to third channel except for shits and giggles. The third channel sounds awesome, but it's just way too much gain for me.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I dunno, I think "Pushed" is the best mode on that amp. I'd be happy with two channels of that :lol:
:agreed:

For me, once I get the V:25, I'll run that in Mark IV or IIc+ mode on the gain channel, and Fat on the clean. On the ROV, I'll run Pushed and Vintage. 4 channels, 50w total, 31-ish pounds? :rofl:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I can assure that amp head is everything it is made out to be in that video.

I had the pleasure of playing one the other week and was blown away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Chezus! I was thinking about a stiletto or a road king but nope this just sold me. Now i just need a thing called cash....

4,429 Posts
:agreed:

For me, once I get the V:25, I'll run that in Mark IV or IIc+ mode on the gain channel, and Fat on the clean. On the ROV, I'll run Pushed and Vintage. 4 channels, 50w total, 31-ish pounds? :rofl:
Fat + pushed mode (with treble running extra hot) would make for some glorious cleans.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts