Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JP did a batch of 'em for Mesa:

I really dig the EQ on-off feature of the Mark, would be nice to have that on the Roadster. Either way, thing sounds pretty damn good. Even if his "sideburn treatment" looks silly.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I don't use Ch2 for anything, and neither does Drew. :lol: I doubt Dave/Mike do either.

·
18,790 Posts
It's funny, checking out Budda's Roadster, I think I'd absolutely have a use for Channel 2 on that (if nothing else, it made me very curious about that Stiletto EQ mod noodles mentioned a long while back). I just found the tones JP's getting in that video are a bit lacking, but that could just be because he's a more metal guy trying to dial in the least metal channel on there :lol:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Thanks for this! gonna go into guitar center, pick up the same guitar and play the mark v in the sound room :D

Edit: I was expecting him to say "go kill yourself" at the end

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I know I don't use Ch2 for anything, and neither does Drew. :lol: I doubt Dave/Mike do either.
I mean, I guess it's nice to have, but I'd be just as happy with a 3-channel Roadster with 1, 3, and 4. :lol:

Also, the fact that this comment:

I love his palm mute sound. It really sounds like DJENT DJENT DJENT DJENT at 4:17 to 4:42
..is about the "Pull Me Under" riff saddens me. :(

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I can't get enough dirt out of Ch2 on it's own, but when its being fed by the tubescreamer I get this great crunch that is good for a sort of punk rock tone. I plan on using it with my new band :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I really liked the lead sound on Channel 2 actually, although I prefer bridge pickups and a little more "sag" for that sort of lead tone.

Through my monitors his Channel 3 tones was a little harsh and fatiguing to listen to.

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
..is about the "Pull Me Under" riff saddens me. :(
:agreed:

Wow, while every other aspect of his rhythm tone was more-or-less on point, did anyone else think that it was woofy as all hell on the bottom end, especially when he started chunkin' 'Pull Me Under' (only down to Eb nonetheless)? :spock:

Maybe its just me in my 2010 incarnation as a production minded guy, but, I'd fucking high pass that shit off so fast. :noway:

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Just remember though, in this video he is using the recto oversized, I know live he uses traditionals.

:agreed:

Wow, while every other aspect of his rhythm tone was more-or-less on point, did anyone else think that it was woofy as all hell on the bottom end, especially when he started chunkin' 'Pull Me Under' (only down to Eb nonetheless)? :spock:

Maybe its just me in my 2010 incarnation as a production minded guy, but, I'd fucking high pass that shit off so fast. :noway:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
These videos back up my assessment of the Mark V for heavy sounds. i.e. they are better on a Mark IV or Triaxis. Both those amps get a much fuller more saturated tone than anything Petrucci was playing in these clips.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
These videos back up my assessment of the Mark V for heavy sounds. i.e. they are better on a Mark IV or Triaxis. Both those amps get a much fuller more saturated tone than anything Petrucci was playing in these clips.
I dig them too, slightly over the TriAxis, but what kills me everytime is that you get super-mad tonal options, but only three to footswitch between.

Also, I LOVED the 2nd channel. That lazy gain sound is great for old rock'n roll.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts