Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... John is selling some of the guitars from his collection to fund a new Iced Earth Headquarters/Studio.

He has some amazing pieces for sale and I want the John Sykes VOS so badly. :eek:

He has some other rad pieces too, check it out!

Carter Vintage Jon Schaffer Collection

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Considering that rock star guitar sales are always ludicrously overpriced... :dgaf:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Love the Explorer. If I had the scratch, I'd be getting that one. Other than than, let me know when he's selling a Larry.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

Fucking hell :lol:
If that's not a good example of "tone is in the hands" I don't know what is. An ES-335 into an Orange would not sound like that if I played it :lol:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
It's the highest gain orange amp they make, so I dunno about that :lol:

This dude gets serious grind from it with single coils:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
That's an Orange Rocker 30, not a Dual Dark. It's not as high gain as the Dual Dark and has a looser tone, so I'm surprised he actually sounded decent there. :lol:

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
So... John is selling some of the guitars from his collection to fund a new Iced Earth Headquarters/Studio.

He has some amazing pieces for sale and I want the John Sykes VOS so badly. :eek:

He has some other rad pieces too, check it out!

Carter Vintage Jon Schaffer Collection
Considering that rock star guitar sales are always ludicrously overpriced... :dgaf:
Dave hit that on the nose, but ironically the Sykes is about the only one that is priced right since it was the aged version that is about what they sold new I believe.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts