Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Brian Martin
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new addition to the Sterling By Music Man John Petrucci Signature Series for 2014

Our JP60 in brilliant Sterling Silver!

Inspired by the JP13 finish, this guitar plays and sounds as good as it looks, and is priced right, with a USA/Canada street price of $599!

JP60-SS will be available in the USA/Canada February 1, and Internationally around March 1

·
Brian Martin
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes those are stock Sterling By Music Man design pickups. All JP60's use them. Any of our models with a "D" designation have DiMarzios, like the new JP70D-PWH

·
Brian Martin
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some gear snobs hem and haw about them, but in reality they are very good pickups that are voiced after the CL/LF.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
That looks awesome, and these come with jumbo fretwire unlike the EBMMs, right? Any chance of doing it as a seven as well?

·
Brian Martin
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are looking into the JP13 body style, but we haven't gotten the go-ahead yet to start development.

Reactions: brian

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I knocked the SBMM pickups before I actually tried them, and when I bought a JP70 they were actually really good. Significantly more so than Ibanez stocks. I specifically enjoyed the neck pickup.
These are killer guitars for the money, I seriously can't believe how well my JP70 plays. I look forward to trying out a silver JP60!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts