Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Under the tuners looks out of focus but there does seem to be writing, the rest looks legit---- but a legit stolen guitar.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Under the tuners looks out of focus but there does seem to be writing, the rest looks legit---- but a legit stolen guitar.
It's a stolen guitar; that looks like Photoshopped out serial, because there's no wood grain there.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Someone should buy it. Contact Ibanez using the serial to find out who the dealer was and inform them it was stolen to return to the owner.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Nothing on the back of the headstock, $139 seems about right for a Chibanez.

If that was a Chibanez, they sure did a lot of work to make it look just like the real deal, including control layout, cavity covers etc. which are different than your normal RG. Based on other Chibanezes I've seen, I wouldn't expect this much attention to detail. So yeah, it's probably stolen or the seller has missed a 0 in the price. Based on the description on Craigslist it's definitely stolen.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
If that's a fake, it passes the sniff test.

There's a bit of waviness on the back of the headstock right around where the serial normally is on Ibanez guitars, so it looks like it was blurred out with photoshop. That doesn't PROVE it was stolen... But if I was meeting someone downtown with $140 cash to buy this, I'd be bringing two or three jacked friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts