Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Señor Member
12,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean. Joe B always inspires me to do this really strange "air guitar" interpretive dancing kinda thing where I pour lighter fluid all over my guitars and set them ablaze, crying and dancing around the cindering pile of instruments I once used to not sound as good as him.

· Señor Member
12,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the way he balances his styles. Sometimes he's really straight, Stevie Ray Vaughn or Blues Saraceno style pentatonic work, then you get a couple of catchy Gary Hoey-esque riffs to groove to, then SLAP! fucking lightspeed "piano-like" Eric Johnson lines.

Very diverse. Very good.

· I dislike Porcupine Tree.
189 Posts
Thoughts:

I bust out with Internet laughter at the guy with the camera at 0:39 or so.

I love the "deliberate noise" (at least, I'm assuming it was deliberate) in the riff just before 5:00. So fucking cool.

Is the keyboardist wearing gloves? I thought for a split second he was wearing vinyl food-service gloves every time they showed his hands.

Everyone in the audience in this video is either a blissful male idiot or a confused-looking woman. Except for the snuggling couple, they knew what was up.

OH MY GOD those piano runs were awesome.

· Motherfucker.
3,381 Posts
:metal:

Awesome. This is my favourite ZZ Top song. Incredible stuff!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.