Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is fucking sweet. :yesway:

All of the different cab settings on it sound good, and quite convincing. Of course it works great with my MP-1. Me happy.

P.S. Roger, I know you have one, and lemme tell ya, it sounds good with mids too! :wub:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I missed something. What happened with Roger?

Also, :yesway: to NGD

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Come on, guys, drop it about Roger.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll do some simple clips once I'm done tweaking it. Don't expect anything fancy though :lol:

It does sound terrific, I'm quite impressed.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I had the ADA Ampulator for awhile, which is essentially the Microcab plus a power amp simulator. It worked pretty well, actually. The power amp simulator definitely improved things over a straight cab simulator. Unfortunately, Ampulators are difficult to find, since they were introduced just before the company went out to business.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Great, thanks man, now I have to find one! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Great, thanks man, now I have to find one! :lol:
Good luck on that. :lol:

I've managed to own two Ampulators over the years. The second one I sold on eBay to one of the guys in the Hellecasters.

I wouldn't mind getting another one. The Axe-FX kind of makes that stuff outdated for me, but it's another sonic color to have available. Essentially, it works by simulating the push/pull effect of a power amp but in a micro-circuit. If you set it up correctly, it simulates the power amp pretty effectively.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No clips yet because I've been too busy to fuck with it, but here is a pic of the recording rig.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts