Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manos: The Hands of Fate

Manos: The Hands of Fate is a horror movie and words can't describe how scary this movie really is. Scary in the way that I'm absolutely terrified about ever having to endure this movie again. This movie is an hour and a half long but it feels like it goes on forever because it's so incredibly boring. That's not the only thing that's wrong with it. The acting is horrible, the directing is probably worse than in the movies my brother and his friends made when they were 12, the movie is slow as hell, and did I mention it's boring? I can honestly say I've never seen a movie as bad as this. Even something like House of the Dead is a horror classic compared to this.

If there's a Hell the only movie that's available there is probably Manos: The Hands of Fate. Without the commentary from the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys, I would probably have gone insane.

Manos: The Hands of Fate

You can find it on Youtube... If you dare.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
I think I can top this.....
Last night, I watched the 1972 grindhouse flick, "The Gore Gore Girls." So awful, it's hysterical.

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
"To portray his character Torgo as a satyr, John Reynolds wore what is described as a metallic rigging worn under his trousers, made out of wire coat hangers and foam by costar Tom Neyman.[3][5] Unfortunately, Reynolds unintentionally wore them backwards, meaning the effect conveyed by his work was to leave his character with oversized knees and difficulty in walking.[9][10] No one ever corrected Reynolds' mistake on-set, so the device damaged Reynolds' kneecaps, causing him chronic pain for the rest of his life; reportedly, Reynolds attempted to overcome the pain by self-medicating with drugs, visibly affecting his performance in the film."

AFAIK he committed suicide shortly after...

That's how bad it is, it kills people.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Although I would put Manos in the top 10 worst movies category, I would strongly disagree about it being #1. Anything directed by Coleman Francis would destroy Manos.

I think that THIS is the worst movie ever:
Night Train to Mundo Fine (1966) - IMDb

It's only #5 on the IMDB's bottom 100, but I think that might just be because not enough people have seen it to bump it down to #1.

Either that or this:
Monster a-Go Go (1965) - IMDb (#4 on the IMDB's bottom 100)

This movie is so horrific... Well, either of these movies.

Manos is #2 on the bottom 100, but I think it deserves a place more around #6 or #7.

Other films that I think are worse than Manos:
The Skydivers (1963) - IMDb (#7 on the IMDB's bottom 100)
The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961) - IMDb (#18 on the IMDB's bottom 100)
The Creeping Terror (1964) - IMDb (#35 on the IMDB's bottom 100, but probably just because it isn't known that well)

I actually thought Troll 2 was incredibly entertaining. :lol:

Anything by Coleman Francis is just mindnumbingly painful. I think the #1 worst film is definitely up in the air between "Red Zone Cuba" (listed on the IMDB as "Night Train to Mundo Fine") and "Monster a-Go Go."

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
Well, I watched the MST3K episode, but even then the movie was so horribly bad that the witty commentary didn't really help.
Ah, yeah I watched the episode last night and thought it was pretty funny. The episode "Monster a-Go Go" was funnier, as Naren mentioned it as another terrible movie.

All I have to say is,

"Manos...the..Hands of Fate" :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts