Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love how irreverent they are about most of their gear :lol: There's loads of like "yeah I'm using this at the moment but it's a heap of shit, I've got better stuff at home..."

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're really creative though :agreed: In fact it's inspired me to get a 7 string again, as I've written some stuff in some open tunings that would sound great on a 7. It's really getting me out of my box, so to speak. But yeah, coming up with them in the first place is a bit weird... I think the B F# B G B E one was an Adam Jones creation? Not surprising really, since you can hear a lot of Tool in their sound.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
youd think they would just bring their axe fx's and a midi board to run 4cm with the amps rather than those complex pedal boards if they are looking to save money on freight :scratch: Very interesting rundown though. I keep meaning to give these guys a listen.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

You forgot "New Day."

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tbh even Sound Awake was a grower to me. Loved the first 3 tracks and then always found it took a huge dive after that and I ended up turning it off. But now I love the whole thing from start to finish.

Apparently their next album is going to be a little darker/heavier? Can't remember where I heard/read that though so don't hold me to that...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Tbh even Sound Awake was a grower to me. Loved the first 3 tracks and then always found it took a huge dive after that and I ended up turning it off. But now I love the whole thing from start to finish.

Apparently their next album is going to be a little darker/heavier? Can't remember where I heard/read that though so don't hold me to that...
Same here. I listen to Themata straight through, but tend to pick and choose tracks on Sound Awake. I like individual tracks on Sound Awake more ("New Day is my all-time favorite) but I tend to listen to Themata as a whole far more.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
I think the B F# B G B E one was an Adam Jones creation? Not surprising really, since you can hear a lot of Tool in their sound.
There are a couple of Tool songs that go all the way down to a low B on the guitar, but the tunings are in B E D G B E (Parabola) and B A D G B E (Prison Sex).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts