Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted here in a while, but I wanted to tell you all about an album that I have been obsessed with lately. So much, in fact, that it's almost the only thing I've been listening to for the past two months.

They call themselves Karnivool, and they hail from Australia. This June, they put out the best, awesomest, and incrediblest release to come out in many years. If you're into bands like Tool and Porcupine Tree, this might be for you.

As far as I know, this hasn't been released outside of Australia yet, but you can find the music on YouTube and the band's MySpace page. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the heads up on this. I really liked the last album and didn't know they had a new one out. I hope they intend to release it here in the US.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Thanks for the heads up on this. I really liked the last album and didn't know they had a new one out. I hope they intend to release it here in the US.
I think I read somewhere that it is to be released in the U.S. in February next year.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I've liked this stuff so far. Nothing mindbending, but pleasant to listen to, and excellent guitar sounds.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing mindbending, but pleasant to listen to
Those were pretty much my initial thoughts, too. It has really grown on me since. In my opinion, the album's highlight is the last two songs, Deadman and Change pt. 2. I didn't link to them as they're long and because they took me a while to get into. Some parts are so good that it hurts to listen to them, knowing I'll never write music half as good.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:bump:

This is now out in the U.S., Canada and Europe. Also, album of the decade. In fact, I can't think of ANY album that even approaches this in terms of songwriting and musicianship. :eek:

·
Guitarist/The Purge
846 Posts
I really like this album, my favourite track being Goliath.

Simple Boy is pretty good too :yesway:

There are some on there I really don't care for though.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They were supposed to play here tomorrow according to a few sources, as they're on tour in Scandinavia right now, but for some reason an official announcement was never made. I don't know what went wrong. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys - I’m a huge Karnivool fan and just created an acoustic instrumental version of “All I Know.” Just wanted to share if anyone is interested. Hope you enjoy it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts