Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
See.. no need for pickup rings anymore :)

Chris Broderick has a nice gadget he "invented" that prevents being without a pick, since its always attached to the finger.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I just put some on a strip of LX tape and attach it to my mic stand, I've been meaning to get something better, but it doesn't matter too much if I forget to take it off.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See.. no need for pickup rings anymore :)

Chris Broderick has a nice gadget he "invented" that prevents being without a pick, since its always attached to the finger.
Yeah this is actually a PRACTICAL reason to not having the rings :lol:

With rings it could go down too much and be tricky to get out fast and easy

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
strip of gaffa tape on the headstock (opposite to where tuners are), put another strip on top, place the tips of picks on the seciond strip, and stick. Now you can just grab them from the ehadstock whilst playing.

alternately, ebay used to sell a plastic clamp strip (pick holder) you could oput on the headstock that would hold a load too.

Did the gaffa for years of touring, never let me down once.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I have picks in my toolbox and in my earbuds holder (change bag essentially). I'll put them on my amp and/or in my pocket depending on venue and if I'm already sweaty or not.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I keep them in a Dunlop pick holder on my mic stand now I sing as well, but I used to just stuff a load in my pocket. I did the tape on the back of the headstock once (and only once), as the serial number for my 7 string Stef came off with the tape :lol: Somewhere I've still got a plastic bag with the tape, just in case I can ever work out how to get the serial sticker off and back on the guitar.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
strip of gaffa tape on the headstock (opposite to where tuners are), put another strip on top, place the tips of picks on the seciond strip, and stick. Now you can just grab them from the ehadstock whilst playing.

alternately, ebay used to sell a plastic clamp strip (pick holder) you could oput on the headstock that would hold a load too.

do you put the tape on the actual back of the headstock so the picks hang down, or on the edge, so the picks stick backwards towards you?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

That's the most common solution I've seen, tough I've also seen people put a strip of tape on the lower curve of the body and tape picks in place there, just below the fretting hand.

I don't really gig these days, but I've generally left one or two in my pocket, and then a couple sitting on top of my amp head. I don't play huge stages though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts