Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any exercises, stretches to keep the fingers and wrists loose. My fingers and wrists feel so tight and fatigued when i play.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
When you play, or when you start to play?

I think everyone suffers from stiff fingers picking up the guitar and playing cold. I typically run through a few simple scales, chord progressions, and finger exercises (mostly chromatics) and after a few minutes I'm at least partially ready to go.

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
When you play, or when you start to play?

I think everyone suffers from stiff fingers picking up the guitar and playing cold. I typically run through a few simple scales, chord progressions, and finger exercises (mostly chromatics) and after a few minutes I'm at least partially ready to go.
:agreed: gotta start with a bit of foreplay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sometimes I just go for it and play it sloppy and fast, gets the blood pumping. Dont overdo it though or you'll just end up with cramp

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Any one have any exercises, stretches to keep the fingers and wrists loose. My fingers and wrists feel so tight and fatigued when i play.
Left or right hand?

Left hand: really examine how much muscle you're using - it doesn't take much, and there's a tendency to push harder and harder on the fretboard as you dig in harder with the right hand.

Right hand: speed and power don't come from tight muscle vibrations, it comes from loose, natural movement.

Try playing a really slow exercise and look for tension in your wrists, hands, arms, shoulders, neck, etc. Consciously relax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts