Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Likes Kahlers
232 Posts
$599? Jesus, does it come with a vial of John Petrucci's talent? That's way too rich for my blood

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
It's weird because they won't respond to Keith's post, but they responded to my share of said post... Twice...

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really dont believe Keith posted something out of "confusion".... usually people want the products they bought and do everything they tolerate to have them working. Post something like this on the web means that someone (usually the provider) didn't wanted to deal with it and its kinda like last resort.

I didnt knew the Warranty Laws in US were that different from Europe. I just posted on the FB Group I took that Keith pic that in Europe we ALWAYS have 2 years Warranty, some countries that Warranty falls back 1 year into the seller and the other on the Manufacturer but its always two years.

Buying something that doesn't work or stops working before the first 15 days its AUTO replace entitlement or full refund. If the goods stop working or malfunction after those 15 days but are still on the 2 year Warranty they are forced to fix it for free and on the maximum of 30 days. When it returns the warranty of the defective piece gets back to 1 or 2 years.

Buying Online without being able to see or test the product gives us the option to Send it back no questions asked, lets say I want to buy a 2K guitar from Thomann, I get it and I have 15 days to return it because I didn't liked it and I get full refund no question asked, this is a Law made for Online buying that I only noticed it existed like 6 months ago.

Guarantees, cancelling and returning your purchases - Your Europe

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Not to be 'that guy' but returning it to them to repair isn't a bad offer as long as they covered the shipping both ways. I mean, a refund SHOULD be the first option offered, but it's not like they told him to 'eat it' either.

Edit: Just caught that they wanted him to pay shipping. That's PR suicide over a measly couple bucks on a $500 pedal.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Well I don't need or want your fucking respect!:yesway:

Reactions: 1

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Don't look at Cornish prices, you may suffer a stroke :lol:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
$599? Jesus, does it come with a vial of John Petrucci's talent? That's way too rich for my blood
Well, what good would that do if both products are defective right outta the gate? "Got this vial of John Petrucci's talent, drank it and now I can play just like Kurt Cobain..." :lol:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
It's weird because they won't respond to Keith's post, but they responded to my share of said post... Twice...
Well, this is what PettyJohn Electronics said (in Messenger, not comments) about the FB posts:

"Ive seen this.. .very unfortunate and IMHO way to [sic] quickly posted. We had been emailing back and forth for a few hours and I was understanding that he was getting taken care of and somehow he mis-understood and decided to blast this instead of talk directly to us to further resolve his issue. To the point, we have issued a refund and a prepaid label today, all resolved in under 24 hours. We simply offered to help him fix the jack first before we replaced it. Just been one of those things that blew up in our face and we have done everything we can, but its not good enough I guess."
Take it for what it's worth. I'm sure that there was more going on between PettyJohn and Merrow on the private side than has been... well, disclosed.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts