Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kemper hinted something with a video on FB some days ago but that I wont share here until you guys fix this forum to accept FB videos...

Today Andertons shared this

So its a Pedal board Kemper Unit or so it seems. About time right?

And because im still asleep I fucked up the title :D Can the mods fix it please?

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
On one hand, I really want one because it'd make my rig even smaller, and I could dedicate my rack Kemper to home use. But Ced is right, that's a lot of kit to leave at the front of the stage, at the mercy of drunk yabbos.

I actually like that it's bigger, my one complaint with the remote is that it's small and I'm constantly bumping into shit on it with my foot.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not knowing anything about it, but you guys the control Kemper live with some kind of Pedal right? If so cant it be used to maybe control this too? So keeping this away from the crowd.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Not knowing anything about it, but you guys the control Kemper live with some kind of Pedal right? If so cant it be used to maybe control this too? So keeping this away from the crowd.
Given this is the remote and Kemper put together, my assumption is no. And TBH if I used a controller for this I might as well just stick with the rack Kemper.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
What I'd rather is a kemper that profiled nothing, but just let me load and tweak existing profiles.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
You'd think it'd make more sense, since if you're getting a floorboard model you're probably using it live primarily. But you KNOW that if they left the profiling out of it people would also be complaining. My experience with Kemper users is that nothing can ever be good enough.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
These days, I only use my Kemper for a clean DI when recording. Once I find an alternative, its gone.

Guitar plugins with IRs sound better.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Pretty sure I'll be swapping over to one of these. After lugging a 4U case through airports with ridiculous temperatures at the weekend, the thought of just carrying this in backpack is a pretty pleasant one.

I'm also pondering whether to pick up a Mooer GE200 to act as an onstage redundancy due to the smaller footprint than the GE300. My rig would then be the Kemper stage midi controlling a redundancy unit (GE200) running profiles of the Kemper, created on the GE300. Hopefully the GE200 can output Midi CC expression data to control the Kemper Wah.

Edit: scratch that, the 200 doesn't do Midi. Two floor units it is then.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Pretty sure I'll be swapping over to one of these. After lugging a 4U case through airports with ridiculous temperatures at the weekend, the thought of just carrying this in backpack is a pretty pleasant one.

I'm also pondering whether to pick up a Mooer GE200 to act as an onstage redundancy due to the smaller footprint than the GE300. My rig would then be the Kemper stage midi controlling a redundancy unit (GE200) running profiles of the Kemper, created on the GE300. Hopefully the GE200 can output Midi CC expression data to control the Kemper Wah.

Edit: scratch that, the 200 doesn't do Midi. Two floor units it is then.
I'm contemplating it myself. The $1700 price-tag is what's holding me back, because I'd have to also get a pedalboard wireless unit and a poweramp to make it work. But given I have to carry around the remote on a pedalboard anyway, the idea of not also carrying the rack is pretty fookin nice.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I'm contemplating it myself. The $1700 price-tag is what's holding me back, because I'd have to also get a pedalboard wireless unit and a poweramp to make it work. But given I have to carry around the remote on a pedalboard anyway, the idea of not also carrying the rack is pretty fookin nice.
Yeah, that's another consideration for me too, this weekend was the first outing for a UHF half-rack after my previous Line 6 shit the bed, kinda reluctant to sell it off after only doing one festival with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts