Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend sent me this video. This kid absolutely crushes Working Man on American Idol. The look on everyone's face is priceless. This kid Caleb was born in the wrong era.....GREAT set of pipes on this guy.

Anyway check it out, It's so funny to me as it just seems so out of place with the band and all :lol: But he killed it IMHO. If I still had cable I might even watch this shitty show just to check this kid out :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Yea that kid nailed it, mice to hear some cool music on that show; isnt it usually really bad pop tunes?

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that kid nailed it, mice to hear some cool music on that show; isnt it usually really bad pop tunes?
Yeah I think.

Also that guitar player in the bands lead tone is fucking SICK!!!!:metal:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
He sang that better than Geddy.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Somewhere there's a classic rock band that needs this guy. Cool voice.
:agreed:

He also does "Dazed & Confused" and Adele's Epic 007 Theme "Skyfall."

This kid is such a great singer and it's awesome to see another musician suceed from North Carolina! :yesway:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Shun the Blasphemer!

lol
:lol:

I'm a huge Geddy/Rush fan, but Geddy's better vocals days from a live stand point are long gone. And in better I mean the higher range he used to hit.

·
Honorary MG Djent Ambassador
1,128 Posts
The band was probably "About fucking time!" and enjoyed the shit out of playing that! I dislike that show a lot but there are gems like this that pop up once in a while.
The band was having more fun than he was. They were prolly like "We finally get to play real music!!!!" That drummer was getting down! I cant believe I missed this. My parents watch Idol all the time and I get excited when I hear good songs.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
J-Lo clearly unfamiliar with how to enjoy rock music...

If you're reading this J-Lo, i will teach you how, for free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts