Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I gotta say that this surprised me. I was expecting a sludge metal project with a shitty growler, but the singer they got is actually pretty fucking good. The music isn't breaking any new ground, but it has a great groove, and they definitely feel like a band. I wasn't really expecting Vinnie and Rex to sound good playing together.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's just sort of boring. It's not really bad but I don't really hear anything that would bring me back to it.
That's the only problem, really. It's the same sort of up-tempo stoner/doom that has been done half to death. I enjoy it a lot more than Down, though.

Plus clean vocals... hah.
Exactly, real vocals! :fawk:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
This isn't too bad. Not sure that I'd go out and buy the CD, but again, not too bad.

it's just sort of boring. It's not really bad but I don't really hear anything that would bring me back to it. Plus clean vocals... hah.
The vocals are what I like about this. I can't stand the growling or the combination clean/scream/growl vocals so many new bands do. Yeah I'm old - so what.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
That's the only problem, really. It's the same sort of up-tempo stoner/doom that has been done half to death. I enjoy it a lot more than Down, though.
My problem with it too. Sounds good but I've got a serious case of up-tempo stoner music fatigue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts