Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Games for everyone, except anyone that has any interest at all in games :lol:

Look we all have our differences. I don't much care for FPS or MMO games and Chris doesn't like one of the best, most challenging action adventure games ever made, but I don't know of any gamer that is going to buy any of these pieces of recycled Nintendo Wii garbage.

Seriously. Is now the time to be introducing this nonsense? The market for this has passed. We're in a recession with huge unemployment numbers and now is the time they introduce $150 game console add-ons that play shit games, 3D televisions at $3000, and nonsense like the Panasonic Jungle?

Seriously, it's like no one in the industry ever took a marketing or statistics class, or even has a clue. Someone explain to me how any of this works.

·
18,790 Posts
See the symbol next to "Everyone"? That means there's fine-print somewhere. I'll bet it says "Ok, actually, we can't give this shit away, but if we make it sound trendy, some idiots who haven't seen a Wii yet will buy this shit."

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Its kinda how family movies are boring to kids cause they aren't cartoons, and are boring to adults cause they're dumbed down for kids.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Since they decided to copy Wii's technology, at least they should try to make some decent friggin games for it. But if they want to waste their money then fine.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Seriously. Is now the time to be introducing this nonsense? The market for this has passed.
I just read that sony has sold a couple of millions playstation move controllers just one month after the release, so I don't think the market for this has passed.

·
MAMMALHAMMER
520 Posts
Ipod is a hit: make zune
Ipod touch is a hit: make zune HD
Android phones and Iphone is a hit: make windows phone 7
Wii is a hit: make Kinect

Attempts to make money off of something that someone else has been making money off can be expected from them. I do find them predictable, yet still entertaining to see how each project turns out and sells.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I really wish I could say some stuff regarding this. But NDA's dictate otherwise. :(

Let's just say that I don't use my controller to navigate much of the dashboard anymore

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I read something last night online where Microsoft has 1 billion dollars to spend advertising both Kinect and Windows 7 phones, so expect both of these to be shoved down our throats in the near future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts