I was going to say, "Where are the laces?"

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Bwahaha and both of ya'll even made the same joke!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
its actually a damn good sounding wah. Kid who comes into my work alot brought his brothers with him to AB against his whazoo and a used budda, and i was impressed. Very liquid sounding. Actually prefered it to either soundwise.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its actually a damn good sounding wah. Kid who comes into my work alot brought his brothers with him to AB against his whazoo and a used budda, and i was impressed. Very liquid sounding. Actually prefered it to either soundwise.
You know, as much as he gets made fun of for it, I actually think his wah tones, especially on "Load" (even more specifically: "Bleeding Me") are some of my favourite wah tones ever.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
You know, as much as he gets made fun of for it, I actually think his wah tones, especially on "Load" (even more specifically: "Bleeding Me") are some of my favourite wah tones ever.
Actually, I always thought his wah tone was very plasticy, and completely lacking in any sort of raunch. It doesn't sound emotive at all, and that is the whole point of playing wah.

To me, that is what wah should sound like. Very vocal in the midrange, with a screaming top end and thick, sludgy lows.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, I always thought his wah tone was very plasticy, and completely lacking in any sort of raunch. It doesn't sound emotive at all, and that is the whole point of playing wah.

YouTube - " STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN " VOODOO CHILE....YOU HAVE TO SEE IT ......THE BEST......

To me, that is what wah should sound like. Very vocal in the midrange, with a screaming top end and thick, sludgy lows.
See, that's not fair, I can't argue with SRV :lol: It's true, though, that's an awesome wah tone.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I prefer Jerry Cantrell's wah tone any day. Has anyone tried his sig wah yet?
Good call, Jerry actually does have pretty damn good wah tone. Same principal as SRV, too: nice vocal raunch in the midrange, screaming highs, creamy lows.

Actually, we could just start a thread entirely about how awesome Jerry Cantrell's guitar tone is. :metal:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts