Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://nypost.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-reportedly-killed-in-california-helicopter-crash/

"Legendary NBA player Kobe Bryant has died in a California helicopter crash, reports said Sunday.

He was 41.

Bryant was among at least four people traveling in his private helicopter over Calabasas when a fire broke out, sending the chopper spiraling from the sky, according to TMZ Sports.

The crash occurred around 10 a.m. local time amid foggy conditions in the hills overlooking Calabasas, with the chopper sparking a brush fire on impact that hampered initial rescue efforts, according to The Los Angeles Times"

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
His 13yo daughter was on board, too. This is terrible. 😟

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Yeah this really is shit. Personal hero of mine, cant really believe it. Such a shame he only got to enjoy a few years of retirement.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I'm devastated. He was my favorite player ever... Watched his entire career.

RIP, legend.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Late to the party here. Was never a big basketball fan but my parents opted out of cable in the early 2000s, so all I could get on TV was whatever was on the old rabbit ears and my local NBC station carried all the Lakers games when they were at their peak (Shaq, Kobe, Rick Fox).

They reminded me a lot of the Patriots because they were so good, it was almost more popular to hate them than like them just because they were unstoppable. I remember thinking Kobe was a ball hog but every time he had his hands on it, he was making a play. Like I said, I've never been much of a basketball guy but just from what I saw at the time, I think the description I've seen of him as a fierce competitor probably describes him professionally the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts