Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://kononykheen.com/

Anyone here heard of this brand? They contacted me through Instagram and wanted me as a potential endorser, but I had to respectfully decline out of loyalty and my current wider options suiting better to my needs.

Some of the models look pretty cool:

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
I like that orange one, and I'm not really a big fan of practically any individual feature of it. Something about the whole thing there just looks pretty badass to me.

But I know nothing of these guitars.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been following them on Facebook. Never played one but I wish I could have scored one of those blue ones before they sold out. Interesting concept, they release short runs of models so every one is essentially a limited edition and once they're sold, they move on to new models.
I thought it was a cool idea as well. I do like some of the models, but were all always a spec or more short to my tastes, like the Breed 13 not having a trem or the newest purple tele only having 22 frets, etc.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I thought it was a cool idea as well. I do like some of the models, but were all always a spec or more short to my tastes, like the Breed 13 not having a trem or the newest purple tele only having 22 frets, etc.
Same, it's always one spec I don't like. The blue single pickup guitar was about perfect though. Just didn't have the cash at the time.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
They look like run of the mill Warmoth or USAC partscasters.
Web site says they use Asian suppliers. The factory is in Vladivostok, so it's not that difficult a journey to get parts in China, I suppose.

I like their designs, and the company's philosophy is interesting. Maybe I'm biased, but the idea of sending money to Russia for, well, anything is a bit scary.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Web site says they use Asian suppliers. The factory is in Vladivostok, so it's not that difficult a journey to get parts in China, I suppose.

I like their designs, and the company's philosophy is interesting. Maybe I'm biased, but the idea of sending money to Russia for, well, anything is a bit scary.
I think you might just be confusing bias for common sense ;) I see guitars on Reverb all the time from Russia, and it is an immediate deal killer for me. Might as well be Iran or Syria.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been following them on Facebook. Never played one but I wish I could have scored one of those blue ones before they sold out. Interesting concept, they release short runs of models so every one is essentially a limited edition and once they're sold, they move on to new models.
The blue breed 8 model is my friend and exbandmate, Codi Newkirk's model. He plays in a band from Pittsburgh called Whitethrash. If you're still interested, I could talk to him and see if he's willing to part with one? I believe he has a few

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.