Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
This looks outstanding, and I will definitely be buying it when it comes out. I've always loved the GTA series, but this approach looks completely unlike anything else out there. Actual depth and sleuth work? Awesome. :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
A friend of a friend of mine has been pulling 14 hour days in the mo-cap studio at Rockstar Games in NY. Wonder if this is why? :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its very Troy Elroy (LA Confidential, The Black Dahlia, Mullholland Falls)

Looks pretty cool but I am wonder how long it will take to finish.
If you mean how long will it take the developer to finish, the release date is May 17th.

If you mean how long will it take you to finish the game... probably half a lifetime knowing Rockstar :lol:

The only Rockstar game I've actually completed was GTA IV. Man was that a super long game.

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
I have been looking forward to this for ages, but I am also concerned about the length of the actual game. The mo-cap stuff is meant to be pivotal to how you play the game. As part of your ongoing investigations you question people about the crimes etc. You are meant to make an assessment on how truthful the character is being based on their facial expressions and you react to them accordingly. The thing is, once you have done that once or twice does it become obvious? Will you blitz through it? I imagine that a lot of time and money was invested into this technique and I wonder how much it is taken away from normal game development. The longevity of games always bothers me. I didn't even think GTA IV was that long. Anyway, really looking forward to this. Rockstar make classy games.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
If you mean how long will it take you to finish the game... probably half a lifetime knowing Rockstar :lol:

The only Rockstar game I've actually completed was GTA IV. Man was that a super long game.
Are YOU complaining about a game being too long? :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts