Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Burgers From A Lab: The World Of In Vitro Meat : NPR

My favorite :facepalm: argument from the story:

"We have 7 billion people on the planet, and there will be 9 billion [people] by 2050," he says. "Those people need food. They need protein - and they tend to eat better as they get wealthier. And better, unfortunately, means eating more like Americans - a lot of meat. And a lot of meat means a lot of water, a lot of grain, a lot of grass. And we don't have that much room for any of it."
Do we really need 9 billion humans schlepping around, voting republican? Am I alone in thinking that a lot of problems can be solved by natural selection? :lol:

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Easier, quicker solution. Let's go all Swift on them. Chinese had it right with their Baby Herbal Soup. :lol:

The man kind of had a point, though. Cattle take up a lot of room and resources.

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
"There is something inherently creepy about [growing meat in labs]," Specter tells Fresh Air's Terry Gross. "But there is something more inherently creepy about the way we deal with the animals that we eat. ... They live a horrible life, and they often die quite cruelly. So the idea of being able to eliminate some of that is extremely exciting for a lot of people."
+1

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Am I the only one who would like to see this happen? I love meat but I find the meat business at treatment of animals really revolting.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
"We have 7 billion people on the planet, and there will be 9 billion [people] by 2050," he says. "Those people need food. They need protein - and they tend to eat better as they get wealthier. And better, unfortunately, means eating more like Americans - a lot of meat. And a lot of meat means a lot of water, a lot of grain, a lot of grass. And we don't have that much room for any of it."
You mean a lot of processed CORN to make them fatter?? :nono:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You mean a lot of processed CORN to make them fatter?? :nono:
QFT.

I think it would be interesting to see, but I'd be worried about what they'd be using to grow the meat from, how the meat would react to infection without an immune system present, "blood" circulation, etc.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Matt C said:
Easier, quicker solution. Let's go all Swift on them.
Taylor or John?
Either. Play a bunch of Taylor Swift and they'll all go insane enough to turn to cannibalism naturally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts