Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I've been messing around with recording through this amps DI output (speaker emulated XLR) and I finally managed to get (what I think are) some decent tones out of it. The problem was extra bass on the recordings..at first they were way too muddy, but then I read in the manual that the cab has to be unhooked for silent recording & that actually made things a fair bit clearer...still a bit more bass than desirable but stuff sounds cool when that's filtered out..

anyway.. using my digital handheld recorder's 3.5mm jack line input to record as always :lol:

Just idle noodling basically ....started off with some Coroner inspired jamming ..more or less on one power cord lol, then added some more random riffs (bastardized Pestilence/Bolt Thrower/Yngwie etc.) & some shred/blues lead bits..

This is straight into the front with nothing in the loop. No boost/effects/backing tracks/multi-tracking/bass...nothing. So just the raw amp tone. This track will need some EQ/post processing to go in a mix but I just wanted to demo the actual raw DI output with the same settings that sound great through my cab. I did filter some of that excessive low end out in Audacity..but that's it. Pressed the "mids" switch ON @ about 3:40 mins (brings in more mids/shaves off some treble..)

AMP Settings:

Master: 3.5
Treble: 3.5
Bass: 3.5
Gain: 5.5

Guitar: Jackson DK2 (Lace Deathbucker in the bridge)

I'll probably do a few more when I can..maybe crunch/clean with this amp & then some with the Classic 30 as well.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I switched to the neck p'up (SD Hotrails) when I switched on the "Mid switch" ..my mind's a bit fuzzy though :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts