1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Lame. I tried the remix of the first album and thought it was worse. A bit "clearer" but more harsh. And if their recent releases are indicative of what they think sounds good, I don't want to hear any more remixes.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just listened to most of 'Palaces' on the drive back from work, this needs a remix why exactly? :lol:

Also forgot quite how awesome it was. :metal:
I don't think it needs it either. This is probably more of a case of creating product to sell. And I'll bite if it keeps the LOG machine running. I love listening to that album fucking cranked.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Haha, I swear I'm the only person who ever appreciates it when bands do this. The production on AtPB is hardly terrible, but this is noticeably better IMO. Huge improvement in the drums and bass tone, in particular. Then again, I can't really listen to old Testament but adore Formation of Damnation and Dark Roots, so my taste is clearly skewed towards more modern production!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Oh you guys....

Some remixes suck, but I just listened to this one and its fantastic. They sample augmented the drums. The original drum tracks were weak. The kick drum was really clicky, thin, and dynamically unstable. This is just straight up improvement with nothing negative.
..."a full-on, ass kicking remix and remaster" by Josh Wilbur, who also produced the band's two most recent albums, Wrath and Resolution.
:nope:

It's an awesome fucking album. Leave it alone. This is just a stupid label ploy to steal some more cash. I'm waiting for LoG to write and record another good album.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
JFC that awful kick drum trigger. All that midrange washout. Yet they still left Randy's voice dry. This doesn't make sense.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I still dig their early stuff and always wondered what it'd sound like remixed back when I used to listen to it all the time. This isn't what I quite expected. Not bad, but could be done better.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
JFC that awful kick drum trigger. All that midrange washout. Yet they still left Randy's voice dry. This doesn't make sense.
Agreed.

Sounds like Wilbur used samples of Chris' kit from the last album. I was surprised the vox were left alone, I thought for sure they would have been treated to fuck and back with reverb and delay, but I suppose that's not the intention.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have no idea what to make of it yet. I'll pick it up and see what it does for me. Although I do agree with Soop that it didn't really need to be fucked with.

·
METAL!!!!
162 Posts
This is by far their best album next to Wrath.

I don't know why they needed to re-mix the record other than needing money to have to pay for the trial BS that burnt up the Band's money from their account.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.