Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
It's too small, light, and teeny to be a Lambo!

It's interesting that, of all manufacturers, Lambo is pulling out of the "top speed race" and doing the "power-to-weight" thing. I always associate them with ridiculous, gigantic, stupidly loud orange and yellow impractical monstrosities, none of this handling-oriented stuff.

Does look cool though.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts

It's interesting that, of all manufacturers, Lambo is pulling out of the "top speed race" and doing the "power-to-weight" thing. I always associate them with ridiculous, gigantic, stupidly loud orange and yellow impractical monstrosities, none of this handling-oriented stuff.

Does look cool though.
Don't Lambo's handle incredibly well?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
No idea, haven't driven one. But their "thing" (at least up till the Gallardo) has always been ridiculous styling, big, high horsepower, and loud.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
No idea, haven't driven one. But their "thing" (at least up till the Gallardo) has always been ridiculous styling, big, high horsepower, and loud.
I just remember a Top Gear where they compared the EVO FQ400 to a Lambo, handling and speed wise, and the Lambo was pretty ridiculous, though I think the FQ400 outdid it in some areas...

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Elysian said:

Does look cool though.
As far at the supermassive European piwerplant sports cars go, lambs on average are by far easiest to drive well fast, in my underatanding

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I just remember a Top Gear where they compared the EVO FQ400 to a Lambo, handling and speed wise, and the Lambo was pretty ridiculous, though I think the FQ400 outdid it in some areas...
I do not remember this. Any idea which episode/season it was?

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I think the new ones are pretty good, but earlier than the diablo are just loud cool cars. The back looks like a lotus exige lol

Their latest stealth-fighter looking ones are pretty awesome but I really hate those mirrors.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'd tap it. :yesway:

Any idea if it's slated for production, and if so how many times I'd have to sell Chris my strat to buy one?

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts

Does look cool though.
Handling and power:weight >>>>>>>>> power.

Which is the reason Lotus Exige's are cool and Bugatti Veyron's are boring.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
That is one hot looking lambo. A good platform with awesome handling > heavy pig with power any day for me.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
:agreed: One is for driving, the other boasting. :cool:
Exactly. And I've always felt driving something a nice car should be for pleasure, rather than a penis extension.

We clearly all feel that way about our guitars, which is why they are sexy players rather than showboats; if it were the other way round we'd all be playing Alembics. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Exactly. And I've always felt driving something a nice car should be for pleasure, rather than a penis extension.

We clearly all feel that way about our guitars, which is why they are sexy players rather than showboats; if it were the other way round we'd all be playing Alembics. :lol:
I dunno, a lot of our guitars are pretty showy... I mean, there are a bunch of PRS/froot/custom owners here :lol:

Alembics are for rich hobbyists or Deadheads with the ability and patience to save up for "what Jerry played." Never got the appeal myself.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I dunno, a lot of our guitars are pretty showy... I mean, there are a bunch of PRS/froot/custom owners here :lol:

Alembics are for rich hobbyists or Deadheads with the ability and patience to save up for "what Jerry played." Never got the appeal myself.
Yeah, but that's my point. If the Sherman's and other customs are the Exige's of the guitar world, then Alembics and the like are the Veyron's and the Bentley's.

Schecters are, obviously, the BMW's of the guitar world.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Except, I like Schecters :(

Especially their basses and more oddball guitars (Hellcat VI, Celloblaster anyone?)

And if a PRS isn't an Aston Martin, I don't know what it is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts