Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just came up as a suggested vid for me on YT while I have my morning coffee, so I'm only 5 minutes in, but it's cool so far. Just figured some guys might dig it :metal:

EDIT: Ok now I'm 15 minutes in and this is awesome :lol: Just two old friends having a laugh and shooting the shit.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Whatever you (meaning I) think of Lars, he's a kick-ass interviewer.

I thoroughly enjoyed that - part of it is because I just adore Dave Grohl, but a big part of it is that Lars asked questions I was interested in and got Dave talking and just shut the fuck up and let him talk. He'd chime in long enough to connect with Dave about one thing or another, but mostly he would just wind him up and let him do his thing.

Great interview.

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
Whatever you (meaning I) think of Lars, he's a kick-ass interviewer.

I thoroughly enjoyed that - part of it is because I just adore Dave Grohl, but a big part of it is that Lars asked questions I was interested in and got Dave talking and just shut the fuck up and let him talk. He'd chime in long enough to connect with Dave about one thing or another, but mostly he would just wind him up and let him do his thing.

Great interview.
this. absolutely this.

Thanks for the post. I did see this in my suggested videos too but I ignored it. really glad I checked out the this thread and video. :yesway:

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I've been anxiously awaiting these interviews, he's got a bunch lined up. I caught this one the other day and loved it.

My favorite part was easily the, "WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT!!!" section, I was dyin' because that's completely the idea that people have of Lars. Also found it funny that Lars said he hasn't had a drink before a gig since the 80's, I always assumed those red solo cups were always filled with booze.

I'm definitely anxious for the Hetfield interview. Lars is better at interviewing than he is playing drums!

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Dude, I love Dave Grohl. Probably more than I actually like Foo Fighters, but I dig a lot of their music too. But Dave's just genuine excitement about music is inspiring. He's like the American, non-pretentious Steven Wilson in that regard.

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
That's brilliant, thanks! I'd written it off before but will now try and catch more of the series. Lars was great on this.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I normally can't stand Dave Grohl as he just sounds like Mr LA but i really enjoyed this.
Which is funny, considering he is from northern Virginia.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I think Dave Grohl is awesome. You don't have to like his music - I don't even like all of it - but his passion and excitement for music is just so contagious. He's everything that's right about rock and roll, and we kind of need that right now, in this era of slick, over-produced, carefully messaged mass consumption pop stars.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I just finished watching, I thought it was great. Now I want to check out some other episodes.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I think Dave Grohl is awesome. You don't have to like his music - I don't even like all of it - but his passion and excitement for music is just so contagious. He's everything that's right about rock and roll, and we kind of need that right now, in this era of slick, over-produced, carefully messaged mass consumption pop stars.
Put me in the same boat, since I've never really gotten into his music, but he's certainly a really chill dude who knows how to write big rock hooks. I've met the guy--which is not really saying anything if you're from Northern Virginia, since his mother still lives here and he pops up in music stores and bars all the time--and he's exactly the same guy you see in that video. He's a big music fan who made it.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I think what Lozek meant was the lifestyle/attitude/persona. Not that he is literally from LA.
I got what Jeff was trying to say, though - that the notion of what constitutes a "Mr. LA" type of attitude may be entirely different to someone who doesn't live in the states.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I think what Lozek meant was the lifestyle/attitude/persona. Not that he is literally from LA.
Correct, the constant namedropping and overall try-hard of the guy just irritates me most of the time. Maybe I should have said 'Mr Industry' or something, I guess he would need leathery lizard skin and died black rock hair to be Mr LA.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts