Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it was badass. I had my first lesson with the Berklee Jazz guy and he is an absolute Bebop monster. He attended Berklee during the vietnam era to give you an idea of his age, and was offered to teach there upon graduation.

I'm pretty certain the beat-to-fuck Gretsch he plays is from the same era as well. Funny part is that we actually spent most of the lesson learning to speak each other's languages because my theory background is Western Harmony/Baroque nomenclature and ideology and he is as hardcore Bebop as you can possibly get. He kept whipping out altered modes at breakneck speed, and it was all I could do to mentally keep up with his thought process. Woodshedding time for me from now on. It will be years before I wont feel like a dork playing in front of him - he is THAT good.

I need a 7 string Sherman jazz box with a quickness.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Scrapple from the Apple at full tempo = damn. I havent had my wrists hurt like this in 20 years.

I think it was either Sting or Andy that once coined the term "very expensive chords"......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.