Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a particular color oldschool Mirage. If someone has one, or sees one around, please let me know. :)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the name of the place? If the price is right I'll grab the purple one for myself. :lol: I've always loved these - I want this particular one for a wedding present for a buddy of mine who had one way back in the day. (His wedding is not until the spring, so I figure I have some time to hunt one down)

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Ah. I was going to tell you to just buy a Soloist - you know, the guitar the Mirage is a clone of?

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I have a black '80s The Mirage Custom that I would consider selling, but no seafoam green. I almost bought one of those a few years ago to go with the black one.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it have to be an ESP? A shop near me has one of the USA Charvel bolt-ons in that color. I've played it, and it is absolutely one of the best guitars I have played from that line.

EDIT: Action Music
I really want this exact guitar. I could get him a number of different things if I just wanted to buy him "a guitar", but the whole point of this gift is finding him the one that he had when we were young lads.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I'll keep my eye out for it, but like Darren said, that is gonna be tough. You might have to resort to buying the same model in a different color, and then painting it.

You still have time though, and I'll continue to check Denver CL and music go round.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thats gonna be rough. The bolt ons were the Mirage deluxe and the neck throughs were mirage customs. The deluxe also had a different pickup config than the custom as well. My buddy had a rainbow crackle custom back in the mid 90's. We were to young to know how awesome it was then though, sigh.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Thats gonna be rough. The bolt ons were the Mirage deluxe and the neck throughs were mirage customs. The deluxe also had a different pickup config than the custom as well. My buddy had a rainbow crackle custom back in the mid 90's. We were to young to know how awesome it was then though, sigh.
I would trade my CS-Made Black Mirage Custom for a Holoflash, Rainbow Crackle or Purple Crackle Custom in a hot fucking second.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ESP "The Mirage" Custom

I was doing a google search on this guitar today and stumbled across your thread...I'm about 2 years late to the party but I own this guitar, Neck-Thru body, ebony fingerboard... I replaced the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan "George Lynch Screamin Demon" and it certainly is NOT mint. Minor dings and scratches throughout, missing tremelo and back plates... I have to say, I'm not 100% sure I want to sell it but was interested in what it would bring in this color..

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Whoa! That looks awesome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be that a Khaler?
It's a stock ESP Trem.. Pat No. 4171661 and 4497236

I know Khaler made OEM models for several manufactures... not sure if ESP was one.. anyway to tell?

Thank you Wikipedia.. it probably is a Kahler...

Neal Moser offers Kahler bridges on many models, and the Jackson and ESP Custom Shops currently offer Kahlers as a custom option. ESP and B.C. Rich also offer the Kahler X-TREM on their more affordable signature models for Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King respectively. ESP and B.C. Rich offer the Kahler Hybrid model on their mid-range guitars such as LTD JH-600 and B.C. Rich Wartribe, both with EMG pickups. Gibson has included the Kahler system on limited edition guitars such as the Gibson Shred-X Explorer and the Gibson Tribal Explorer. Peavey's PXD Void III and Twenty-Three III guitars also feature the Kahler system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts