Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my mind up :lol:
Enter, Diezel Einstein. Mad dog.

I've been meaning to get a higher wattage amp for quite a while to be better equipped for my eventual return to the stage. The initial idea was to save for a Kemper but that was pretty far out of my budget and I questioned it more, being a modelling unit. Anyway, the story goes that I tried a Diezel VH4 at a music shop with a few Ibanez axes and loved the thing. I later messaged James to tell him I now understand his Diezel love. He just so happened to be selling the Einstein and yeah, things happened...
This thing is an absolute monster. I've only really had the opportunity to play it quietly but even so, it rips. :metal:
Now, to go into further detail, it definitely has that Deutsch feel, but differently to my Engl, it is very tight, whilst still keeping plenty of the response I like and the distortion channel has a clean feel to it, where the Gigmaster is a bit fuzzier. However, the general tight/clean aspect of this amp does not take away from the fact that it is angry as hell. It sounds like it's on a mission to rip the human race apart, being far more aggressive with the guitar going direct than the Engl with an Overdrive. This thing is just unrelenting. While its gainy savagery is its main point (and what I've been trying most! :lol: ) the clean channel is also great, again, crystal clear and the mode switch is definitely a bonus as a nice thing to experiment with.
The main feature I wanted out of a bigger amp was independent gain/volume controls. It definitely ticks that off, and then some. Having two footswitchable master volumes is brilliant.
Without waffling on too much more, this amp is awesome and I'm very pleased with it.

Also, as a side note- I have to big up James for being a really honourable seller. He did a considerable drive to get over here and drop it off on Sunday, only to discover that two of the tubes were dead. He then went back, ordered new tubes, installed them and came back over on Wednesday. Legend.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Had that very amp in my house. It's an angry bastard. Congrats.

And, yes, James is a top and honourable bloke.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Congrats man, sounds like this hits all the requirements. Enjoy!

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
I still can't believe he sold it!! Its a very tasty amp, so congrats mate. The fact James modded the channel modes to be relay switchable makes that a seriously versatile amp live :yesway:

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks lads! I now have another motive to make it through that band's audition so I can crank it! (And to justify having it :lol: )

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Congrats man, that's an absolute killer amp. I had a Herbert and an Einstein, liked them almost equally.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it mate, it actually sounds even more aggressive with the EHX 6550's than it did with the Svetlana's. Only one blew though, just sod's law it went as I powered it up at yours.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I still can't believe he sold it!! Its a very tasty amp, so congrats mate. The fact James modded the channel modes to be relay switchable makes that a seriously versatile amp live :yesway:
I'd have loved to have kept it, but the gear haul was getting out of hand. One rig to do both bands is a much more sensible idea.

Congrats man, that's an absolute killer amp. I had a Herbert and an Einstein, liked them almost equally.
I replaced my Herbert (sold to 7DT's) with the Einstein. The Herbert has a slightly beefier tone, but the Einstein is sooo much more pissed off. Both great, great amps.

·
HEAVY HACKJOB RIFFER
874 Posts
Nice, I wish I could own one at some point. I love the definition of this amp a lot, it has a really nice feel to it.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
They're great amps, just the exchange rate makes them stupidly expensive over there. Conversely, it hikes the price of Mesa over here, so Diezel are actually in the same ball park as Mesa in Europe.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They're great amps, just the exchange rate makes them stupidly expensive over there. Conversely, it hikes the price of Mesa over here, so Diezel are actually in the same ball park as Mesa in Europe.
Yeah, it's weird, I heard that a VH4 was like $5k across the pond. Mental.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts