Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this back in October. Had been really wanting a Prestige Ibanez 7 but could never really justify the price when I already have a handful of good 7 strings. Then one beer fueled night I ran across this scratch and dent RGD3127 that had a few $$ knocked off so I snagged it. Couldn't be happier. As for the "scratch and dents", there are a couple small nicks in the finish on the top. Other then that it's fantastic. Exactly what I wanted. Simple controls and I really dig the switch placement on these. Always thought that made more sense. I miss my old RG1077XL and this is close enough(26.5" scale). And it's nice having a Lo-Pro Edge 7 trem back in the family.

And yes, I know the trem cavity cover in that last pic is on backwards. That's how it came. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Lovely lovely color and I just love the Pickup selector placement. In fact dont know why more guitars dont have it in there, never gets in the way of anything.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Sweet. Congrats!

The local GC had a 6 string Jackson in that exact color a few weeks ago. Man, did it play nice. I wouldn't have thought I'd like the looks of an orange guitar but between that one and these picks, I'm feeling it.

Reactions: DonBot

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Thats a sick guitar, congrats. Also, I like how you spaced this NGD out so it wasnt so close to the last ones and if I was a betting man I'd say the odds of there being yet another already stored away for another NGD yet to be revealed?? Huh amirite? Come on Don you can tell us cant you? If not us, who? If not here, where?

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Ooohhhh shit yes! The ultimate post 2000 Ibby 7 string. Love the look of those and I would totally get one if I had some money to throw about. The white version is basically my dream RG7. Only thing missing is a pyramid-inlaid rosewood fretboard.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats a sick guitar, congrats. Also, I like how you spaced this NGD out so it wasnt so close to the last ones and if I was a betting man I'd say the odds of there being yet another already stored away for another NGD yet to be revealed?? Huh amirite? Come on Don you can tell us cant you? If not us, who? If not here, where?
:lol: There might be one coming up. I don't have it yet but it's been something I've been thinking about for a little over a year. Another from the boss's collection of old 80s Jacksons. :ugh:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I can only imagine how bad Id be if I worked where you do, they might just pay me with guitars instead of money. You go on with your bad ole self DB.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Don't you have enough floating trems I can't buy from you already?!

·
Read Only
1 Posts
The orange in your pics looks much better than any of the other pics of this model that I have seen online.

Before it was a meh (even tho I like RGDs) but now damn kinda want...

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The orange in your pics looks much better than any of the other pics of this model that I have seen online.

Before it was a meh (even tho I like RGDs) but now damn kinda want...
Yeah, it's much better in person. I just wish it was gloss instead of matte. But that's a very minor complaint.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts