Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this a couple of weeks ago. It's surprisingly nice for the money and I've been having a lot of fun playing it, even without a proper setup. The extra bit of scale length is less bothersome than I expected, but I'm still finding myself struggling through some licks that give me little to no trouble on a standard scale. :lol:
The pickups aren't my favorite, but I've never been a Duncan guy anyway. I will say that I like the neck much better than the bridge, though.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg

I'm happy with my purchase, overall. With some mods here and there, this will be a pretty slick guitar. :metal:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Clean.....I like it!:metal:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks very nice congrats man what are you going to be putting in them?
I haven't thought about it yet, but there's a good chance I'll toss in some DiMarzios. I don't go for many basswood guitars so this'll be a fun little experiment for me.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
White :yesway: congrats pal.

Will that one see the stage or is it the B guitar in emergency only?

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Nice ride Shawny pooh :yesway:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
White :yesway: congrats pal.

Will that one see the stage or is it the B guitar in emergency only?
The new material we've been writing is in a different tuning, so I wanted another guitar for it and I've always been curious about a 26.5" scale 7.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Nice. Not shitting on it in any way, but the fact the the entire guitar is painted white makes it even stranger they chose to paint the headstock black. Also, maple :yesway:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice. Not shitting on it in any way, but the fact the the entire guitar is painted white makes it even stranger they chose to paint the headstock black. Also, maple :yesway:
I normally favor matching headstocks too, but I think the black headstock works here. The black hardware helps. I might get black tuners with gold knobs and black pickups with gold screws.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
The new material we've been writing is in a different tuning, so I wanted another guitar for it and I've always been curious about a 26.5" scale 7.
I liked that scale back when I had my Blackjack 7, it was a good time.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Yeah :lol: I would suggest trying a set of full shred pickups from duncan. They are awesome in Basswood :yesway:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah :lol: I would suggest trying a set of full shred pickups from duncan. They are awesome in Basswood :yesway:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think this is just more proof for me that I don't get on well with Duncans. This will probably get an Evo 7 in the bridge and something else in the neck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts