Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts
Looks like someone took a Yamaha BB, crossed it with an old Ibanez Roadstar, and then gave it a brain tumor :lol:

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I can't believe it. Their prices aren't too bad, and they have some cool designs, so I thought I'd see if they had any cheap basses. That headstock is a deal breaker for me. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts
I know, I can't believe it. Their prices aren't too bad, and they have some cool designs, so I thought I'd see if they had any cheap basses. That headstock is a deal breaker for me. :lol:
Meh. There are more established brands with cheap basses and similar specs.

And they don't have brain tumors.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meh. There are more established brands with cheap basses and similar specs.

And they don't have brain tumors.
I'd be looking for a five string, and they apparently don't have any. I'm thinking just a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz 5, or one of the new Sterlings.

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts
Budget?

Active? Passive?

34" or 35" scale?

What pickup routs do you want?

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Ummm. . . I LIKE the fender headstock. It's way cooler than the minimalist shit you get on most basses nowadays.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Budget?

Active? Passive?

34" or 35" scale?

What pickup routs do you want?
I'm flexible with pickup routes and active vs. passive. Preferably not single coil, and a 35" scale would be cool but it's not a must. Budget would be under $350 if possible.

Ummm. . . I LIKE the fender headstock. It's way cooler than the minimalist shit you get on most basses nowadays.
I know, I love the Fender headstock. Sarcasm just doesn't travel well over text. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,764 Posts
No.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,278 Posts
Looks like someone took a Yamaha BB, crossed it with an old Ibanez Roadstar, and then gave it a brain tumor :lol:
Despite the ugly headstock, they want over 900 bucks and are using their own brand bridge, tuners, and pickups. There is nothing here that distinguishes it from a $200 SX.

A used SR505 is in that price range if you shop a bit, as is a Schecter Stiletto Custom 5. Other possibilities include a variety of used Ibbys and Schecters.

Really, look at Talkbass. Gems like these pop up all the time:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-peavey-tl-five-w-upgrades-1031447/
PRICE DROP - GODIN FREEWAY 5 STRING P/J - CLEAN! - TalkBass Forums
Talkbass is the best place on the planet to buy a bass, IMHO. I just traded away my W&T for a nice fretless there the other day - pics next week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts