Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Yeah I know that, i was just referring to the vast majority of them being made in Asia :)
Schecter has a bit of a different history though, it's not straight ownership from '76 to now, it's been 3 completely different ownership groups with completely different philosophies over the years. There was nothing of the company except Dave Schecter's name when the second owners sold that to the current owner in '87 either.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here. Have a line on a super clean, Legator Ninja Pro 300 series 7 string. Pristine white, Strat shape (no headless fan fret crap) that looks like it's brand new for a smoking price. But, I feel like y'all need to talk me outta this - especially since I feel like if I get tired of it, it won't be easy to re-sell due to the negative press I see on the old Googleator.

Thoughts?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Flash in the pan djent cash-grab company that has never made a single good guitar to begin with comes to mind. Fuck that shit.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Reasons? Other than the obvious Djent stank.
Because it's a legator and they have a reputation for being complete shit.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
My shop had two of them in for a setup, and they were like $800+ guitars......that had the fit and finish of an entry level $299 Schecter. I'd say hard-pass. Buy an Omen instead, or whatever.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Apparently their fit and finish is total crap for their price point. The used Ninja I played at GC was a total pile of crap.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Apparently their fit and finish is total crap for their price point. The used Ninja I played at GC was a total pile of crap.
They think slapping a burl lam top to it entitles them to a $500 increase in price, and excuses shit fretwork, crappy nuts, and crappy hardware.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
See? I knew I could count on y'all! :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Its the only they can make 1K +/- guitars and compete against the other brands. Or do everything in US and charge 4-5K for one and no one buys them...
Maybe if they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to turn a profit, they just shouldn't be a company?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts