Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Win2K :rant:

So, in order to update my phone, which has WinMo5, I needed a Windows environment. As it turns out, I was going to do some OS reinstalling anyways, so I decided to shoot for a dualboot of Linux Mint (if I can get the motherfucker to install correctly) and Win2K.

I just tried to install ActiveSync, and guess what. I got my first .dll error in years :wub:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wow... I don't even think I used Win2k, except for at work, I went from Windows 98 straight to XP.

Isn't Windows 2000 a combination of Windows 98 and NT? I can't remember...

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so, something like that :lol:

At any rate, I've finally got the ActiveSync software to run. I'm currently backing up my contacts, emails, files, etc, before I upgrade to WinMo6.1.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, I went straight from Win98SE to Fedora 1. I only have this copy of Win2K because a friend of mine needed windows, and another friend of mine just happened to have it :D

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Win2K is full NT, no DOS remnants that I know about aside from the "DOS compatible" emulation stuff. I ran it for quite a while, it's not bad but XP has more modern features. I didn't have many headaches with 2K though, just took a bit of work to get it how I wanted it.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See new thread title :wallbash:

Just got off the horn with Alltel support, and apparently they don't have WinMo6.1 available for my phone (MotoQ9c). Verizon has it, and Alltel just got bought by Verizon, but when I asked if they had WinMo5 in case I couldn't make any calls, the *advanced technical support* lady didn't know.

Bullshit :noway:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Wondering if they had WinMo5 in case you couldn't make any calls because of what, upgrading to 6.1 on a Verizon ROM?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah.

It might work by the time Verizon totally takes over Alltel, but by then, I might just get a fucking iPhone and punt Winblow$ altogether.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Don't forget to check out the new Palm phones, the Pre and the Pixi are looking terrific.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I have the Pre and I like it. It is a little sluggish at times (Why does it take 5+ seconds to open up a memo?) But i'm looking forward to seeing where WebOS goes.

Even though I can't seem to keep a phone more than 6 months, i'm gonna try hard with this one. Or at least WebOS, or maybe Android phones, as I like how customizable they are.

I do miss blackberry messenger though... :(

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I have the Pre and I like it. It is a little sluggish at times (Why does it take 5+ seconds to open up a memo?) But i'm looking forward to seeing where WebOS goes.

Even though I can't seem to keep a phone more than 6 months, i'm gonna try hard with this one. Or at least WebOS, or maybe Android phones, as I like how customizable they are.

I do miss blackberry messenger though... :(
I think it's just a case of being a 1.0 release. Look at how much difference there was between Android 1.0 and 1.5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts